cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Everchill 12 volt refrigerator

keyspirate
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who has an Everchill 10 cubic foot 12 compressor refrigerator I would like any info you can share. How well does it work, how much power does it draw, have you boondocked with it, etc. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Chinolbz
Explorer
Explorer
GE makes a 9.8cf model now. Reviews look good.

Simplewon
Explorer
Explorer
Wife loves ours. It's much larger than the multi fuel we had in the last two campers and much faster.
I have read some have loud ones. Ours is not loud. However when we brought this camper home we were loading to camp the following day. I left the camper connected to the truck. When we left the following day
the battery on the truck was to low to start the truck. two sets of jumper cables fired it right up off a company mini van. Lesson learned. Always disconnect from the tow vehicle if not connected to shore power. The 2019 model of our same PUMA 31FKRK has a light switch beside the cook stove for the fridge power. Our 2020 Puma 31FKRK has no power switch. As soon as I connect power to the trailer the fridge comes on. To turn off the fridge you have to open the fridge door and push and hold the temp button for 3 or more seconds which powers it off. I use a battery disconnect when stored and use it more often now. Easier to shut off power than to unplug it from the truck. Just have to remember. We would not go back to the gas electric after having this fridge. Will it last? Time will tell. As info

edit. hold button 10 seconds to power it off and instructions say for powering on also but I have found a touch of the button powers it on or simply connect power at the battery cut off switch and it powers up the fridge even if it was manually powered off prior.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Everchill is another fine brand brought to you by the fine folks at Way Interglobal.

They also bring you the top notch Greystone and Hisense microwaves, Greystone electric fireplaces, hand rubbed pronz faucets, rattling 12 VDC ceiling fans, and a whole range of junk audio equipment including marine speakers that sound worse than a 1960' s shirt pocket transistor radio.

Way Interglobal Network has two addresses. One is Elkhart IN, the other is Dongguan China. That should tell you all you need to know.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
bikendan wrote:
I don't get 12v RV fridges, especially for dry camping or boondocking.
It's hard enough conserving battery power, even with a 110v AC/propane RV fridge.

Some folks are propane-phobes. they have heard how if there is a propane link it can go BOOM (True) or start a fire (True) but are unaware of just how rare these incidents are and how common electrical fires are so they want nothing propane.

11 amps is a bit high for an RV fridge. most 12 volt compressor RV fridges use Danfoss like compressors (not necessarly a Danfoss but one like it) drawing less than 5 amps.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

KGZcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Everchill 12 volt fridge, purchased a new camper with it in December 18 and it quit right away, waited 3 months for repair and now it quit again. not a happy camper!

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
110V AC/propane RV fridge will last forever (almost), on the common 220AH battery bank. Boondocking with less than 200AH isn't smart. 10-12 AH daily draw of a propane fridge is not much. Though in a minimalist setup this is often the biggest item of energy budget. 100-200W solar will take care of it just fine, together with other minor draws.

With 10cf compressor fridge, even if you try conserving energy on all other items, you either need a huge battery bank or +300W solar. Or run a generator daily.

To gather a bigger audience, bump the post up, instead of duplicating it.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
I don't get 12v RV fridges, especially for dry camping or boondocking.
It's hard enough conserving battery power, even with a 110v AC/propane RV fridge.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
Outside of RV.net, I googled everchill and found a few postings with opinions.

One thing I noticed was 11 amp draw. I don't know how the company measured that at the factory but you'd need to budget for that in your battery storage capacity.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
`Do not have one but DO have an ENGEL 12/120 volt Compressor Chest Freezer.

Love it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

keyspirate
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Didn't care for the answers 2 days ago?

No just hoping it might be seen by more people.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't care for the answers 2 days ago?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman