cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New (to me) towing hitch with weight scale built in.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of years ago I bought a scale to weigh the tongue on my trailer. It works fine.

However, in perusing Amazon, I found a hitch that has a weight scale built in. I'd never seen or heard mention of one before so I thought I would post it.

It gets good reviews - has anyone used one?

Amazon hitch with built in weight scale.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
2 REPLIES 2

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
a Sherline scale is much cheaper and that hitch won't be useful if you need a WDH.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one thinking it could help with making multiple tongue weight readings and returned it. The reading was aprox. 200 lbs off of the measurements from the CAT scale trip. Borrowed a friends Sherline to get another reading and it confirmed the bad reading by the hitch scale.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI