cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rusty Stains

Retired_VSP
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever had issues with rusty stains on blacktop driveway apparently coming from the motor area after a good rain while parked. It's almost like everytime it rains the stains appear underneath the motor even if I cover the grill to prevent rain from penetrating through the holes. I've tried cleaning and spraying with rustoleum in the engine compartment but it keeps making a mess everytime it rains.

Is there a solution to prevent the rust from dripping? TIA
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein
6 REPLIES 6

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Muriatic acid
Cheap,available at most hardware stores, works great.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
The rust may be cumming from your battery tray. The product called "Iron Out" works really well but I have only used it on concrete.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Iron out works great on any rust stain

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
"The Works" toilet bowl cleaner purchased at the dollar store will clean rust stains off a concrete driveway. Put it on, use a nylon bristle brush to scrub the stain, hose it off. Done! I can't remember where I learned about this method but it does remove the stains.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
I would find the area where it is forming and lay a tarp there. Maybe weigh it down with some pieces of e-bar or bricks, etc so it won't blow away

Guy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Park in your neighbor's driveway. :B