cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV GPS with Dash Cam

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
My Garmin Nuvi is getting old. It is the model with the HD dash cam. Even though it has lifetime updates, the dash cam itself is starting to age. At times the device loses connectivity to the flash cards and stops recording, then magically finds them again. I also noticed a few saved videos have trash noise at the bottom.

Since I will want an RV map that I can put in my trailer information so it can route properly and avoid roads the trailer doesn't belong on, I want to replace the Nuvi, but it needs to have a dash cam as well, and not able to find one, so if anyone has a suggestion of one they have or have seen, would be greatly appreciated.

I couldn't tell you how many times the dash cam came in handy for insurance reasons as well as some great driving vids, especially in Utah.

I could get just a dash cam, but that requires extra wires and such, along with windshield clutter.
9 REPLIES 9

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Garmin 785 LMT. It is designed for commercial vehicles and you can program vehicle dimensions and weight into it for routing. It also had an integral dash cam. I've been real happy with mine.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
chrisguld wrote:
If you're looking for a place to buy the Overdryve - I recommend TechnoRV.com. They are friends of ours and they have a good reputation for support.
Rand McNally OverDryve 7 RV

I saw that in my search. I got one direct from Rand McNally for $327. I also grabbed one of the backup cameras for $30. Thanks though. I did watch the unboxing video from them.

chrisguld
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking for a place to buy the Overdryve - I recommend TechnoRV.com. They are friends of ours and they have a good reputation for support.
Rand McNally OverDryve 7 RV
Chris Guld
"Blessed are the Flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!"
Full time in our 37' Gulfstream Endura Super C
See our weblog/travelog, at GeeksOnTour.Blogspot.com
RV.net Blogger

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a Garmin RV760LMT GPS and a separate dash cam (and a dedicated dash cam in the chase car, too). The Gramin RV GPS has worked very well for us. Separate devices can be replaced separately, too, if either has an issue (which none of ours have in five years or so).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
gvisnic wrote:
Take a look at the
Rand Mcnally OverDryveโ„ข 7 RV with GPS. I have the overdryve 7, non -rv. Both come with built in dash cam

Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. Now to do some shopping, making sure it is the RV and not Car version.

Thanks.

Actually, this was the exact one I have been looking for. When I tried searching for it all the others came up but not this one. I did find one for a good price and have it ordered.

Looks like it has a dash mount, so will look around for a window mount for it since that is how my Garmin is right now. If not a no drill/no glue mount will be needed.

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the
Rand Mcnally OverDryveโ„ข 7 RV with GPS. I have the overdryve 7, non -rv. Both come with built in dash cam

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
amazon has a few of them, mostly refurbished
but a multitude of wrecks, take a defensive driving course.
bumpy

Deer and an icy road where the other driver lost control. I've been through training that a good 90% on this board have not done, or even considered. Hold a Class A CDL, so please keep your conclusions AFK,and on topic, thanks.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
amazon has a few of them, mostly refurbished
but a multitude of wrecks, take a defensive driving course.
bumpy

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin DriveAssist 50LMT (with Built-in Dash Cam Car GPS) is about all that google turns up. You may be SOL, as they say.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)