cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bees in my 5th Wheel

JKwock
Explorer
Explorer
I have bees going in and out of the Kingpin of my 5th Wheel. I bought a bee suit and was hoping to see the hive in the Kingpin. I did not see any hives. There are dead bees inside the 5th wheel. What should I do?

Jason
14 REPLIES 14

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Can you speak up any "access" around the kingpin? Use some caulk or carpenter in a can?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
CFerguson wrote:
It could be worse:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825507/Terrified-driver-discovers-10-FOOT-nest-containing-350-000-wasps-camper-van.html

Just burn it down!!!
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
gkainz wrote:
If they're truly bees, find a bee keeper in your area. They'll come relocate the swarm for you and keep the bees alive.

If they're wasps - prosecute with extreme prejudice!

If they are honey bees, please do not harm them, call a professional bee keeper.
Paul & Margie

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
CFerguson wrote:
It could be worse:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825507/Terrified-driver-discovers-10-FOOT-nest-containing-350-000-wasps-camper-van.html

:E

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
It could be worse:

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
What you should do I don't know but funny story time

Was north bound today in Tenesee. long about MM 60 give or take a couple.
Well a couple of folks decide to occupy the same place on the freeway at the same time.> Did not work out good and traffic was backed for miles (I hit it about MM57.. next exit was 60. they cleared it up just as I got there so I did NOT tour the "D" (Detour).

One of the trucks in front of me was hauling a load of bees.. Had some leakage it appears.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a bee guy without those bees we,d have no fruit.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I guess you've figured out that they are in the front cap area. The pin box mount is an opening into that area.

If you leave honey bearing comb in there, more bees are likely to take over after you have killed the existing hive. Plus, you might not want to spray insecticides into your living area. I would call a pro exterminator.

I also like to save a hive whenever possible, but unless you are willing to disassemble the front of your trailer, it isn't going to be possible. Then again, disassembly might still be necessary. The pro will advise you.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
If they're truly bees, find a bee keeper in your area. They'll come relocate the swarm for you and keep the bees alive.

If they're wasps - prosecute with extreme prejudice!
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even easier, call a professional exterminator.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Get some Ortho Sevin powder. Dust it generously around the entrance to their hive, so they will track it in as they come and go. In a couple of days they will all be dead, queen included.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

JKwock
Explorer
Explorer
My understanding of Bees is I need to find the Queen and kill the Queen. The Queen is normally in the hive.

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem once and my wife is terrified of bees. I waited till late in the evening and the bee activity subsided. Then I gave the interior area of the kingpin a good soaking with wasp and hornet killer. Not sure if I was able to hit the nest as I couldn't see it either, but they must have moved on or died.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
If the live bees are still around I would get a hornet/bee blaster and put on that bee suit. After using the blaster look to see if there are any more bees around. If not take your shop vac and clean up the dead bees.