cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hellwig or Roadmaster

hoping4fun66
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of replacing the front and rear sway bars on my Forrest River Sunseeker. Is there a difference or preference to Hellwig or Roadmaster? Was curious if people have found them to be close to the same or if I am missing something and there is a difference?
4 REPLIES 4

TRM1
Explorer
Explorer
Hellwig for sure. Easily installs with hand tools and makes a HUGE difference, especially if you do Bilsteins as well.

hoping4fun66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I had thought they both looked about the same. And you confirmed what I had read about the Roadmaster requiring some drilling.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
When I did them my 2007 E-450 the Hellwig was a lot cheaper for the same size bar and was no drill for either end. sdtrucksprings.com was the cheapest then. Happy with their service. Did both ends in an afternoon including a long lunch break.

Also I ran into a now long forgotten problem when doing the front. I finally gave up and called Hellwig. Talked for a few moments and as he started talking the light started to shine in the brain cavity. Had a good laugh at my expense.

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Helwig front and rear on my E450 Class C 32 ft and they are just what I needed. I researched both brands and decided on Helwig over Roadmaster simply because Hellwig is 100% bolt on but Roadmaster required some drilling in frame to mount rear sway bar but I think both are fairly the same quality.