cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV itinerary form Portland,Or to Port Angeles 5/23-5/28

golfdent4
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are taking an RV from Iowa to Alaska 5/11-6/9. We are picking 2 friends up in Portland,Oregon 5/23 to Port Angeles,Washington 5/28 taking the BC ferry to Vancouver Island 5/28. We are planning on renting a car and taking it one-way from Portland to Seattle. Any recommendations for a possible itinerary from 5/23-5/28 would be greatly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
On way north, I would go to St. Helens volcanic center and even to the mountain.
I am guessing that you will be taking BC ferry to Vancouver, BC. Black Ball Ferry into Victoria is nice trip across Strait. While in Victoria make sure plan time to go to Buchart Gardens. It is outside of Victoria.
North out of Vancouver, BC is Hell's Gate. Interesting location where the Frazer River goes through a tight channel with suspension bridge across it.
Make sure you take your time to Alaska. Many things to see along the Alaska Highway!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

golfdent4
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry. We're renting a car in portland, taking that with our rv up to seattle, then proceeding with just the rv to port angeles to Vancouver Island and on to alaska from there.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Your post is a little confusing to me.
Are you leaving rig in Portland, renting car and then taking cruise to Alaska?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wrong forum and don't double post.
bumpy