2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
82 REPLIES 82

looking at another Redwood..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Great!
Glad to hear you are on your way to the next chapter ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulation .Well what FW will be now?
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Bionic Man wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Received a call around 11Am, they agreed that it was a total loss.... check on its way for full replacement. papers agreed to and signed.. title just signed over to Progressive...

next chapter..

That sounds fast and pretty easy. Good on Progressive.

Yes, so far we are extremely happy with the results from Progressive...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Received a call around 11Am, they agreed that it was a total loss.... check on its way for full replacement. papers agreed to and signed.. title just signed over to Progressive...

next chapter..

That sounds fast and pretty easy. Good on Progressive.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

next chapter..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

DogTrainer
Explorer
Explorer
Eternabond Tape.

fixes everything.

Sorry for your loss. we have GMAC Good Sam insurance and it has full replacement.
2007 Chevy 2500HD 6L Auto 4WD
2015 Keystone Outback 5th Wheel
Wife and 2 great kids, Son-Army 45th
Yellow Lab

laknox wrote:
A salvage guy offered $15k for it?! What's he do; sell used stuff for new price? I can't, for the life of me, think he could make a profit on that.

Lyle

Don't know... Don't care.. as long as the number gets to where it needs to be... Perhaps hes gonna rebuild himself and use??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
A salvage guy offered $15k for it?! What's he do; sell used stuff for new price? I can't, for the life of me, think he could make a profit on that.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

42K plus a bent frame! I wouldn't be towing that either!!
I gulped when my truck took a 20K hit to the nose 6 1/2 years ago! But a pickup repair and RV repair sure are 2 different things.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

rhagfo wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
There is a forumla that they have to use... They have to get a number for units in and around the same year and floorplan to see the selling cost..

Then they serve up all the info and pics to a salvage guy and wait for his offering price.

They take the written number to repair the camper, add the salvage cost and it should equal the amount given for selling units..

He stopped writing when the salvage guy responded with a $15,000 offer.. he added that to the estimate and it was within $1000 of the research number..

He was at $42,000.00 for repairs without adding the bent frame on the bottom.. I told him I WOULD NOT BE TOWING ANY RV THAT HAD 40K OF REPAIRS, he had better get that number to match.. END OF STORY..

At the end, he was at $43k, and put a disclaimer on there that stated the running frame is bent and would need further detailed inspection to get a good number on it..

Since the cost is HIGH, it is considered a 3 tier claim..
#1- he has to total it
#2- his boss has to also agree
#3- the main boss has to agree as well....

I really despise insurance people, almost as bad as crooked politicians and lawyers ๐Ÿ™‚

Did it pass all three tiers?
Hope so, time to really get looking.

Passed the first yesterday.. He said we should know in side a week
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Holy **** that's not good. I guess there wont be any races for awhile. Good luck getting a new unit hope its all covered.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
There is a forumla that they have to use... They have to get a number for units in and around the same year and floorplan to see the selling cost..

Then they serve up all the info and pics to a salvage guy and wait for his offering price.

They take the written number to repair the camper, add the salvage cost and it should equal the amount given for selling units..

He stopped writing when the salvage guy responded with a $15,000 offer.. he added that to the estimate and it was within $1000 of the research number..

He was at $42,000.00 for repairs without adding the bent frame on the bottom.. I told him I WOULD NOT BE TOWING ANY RV THAT HAD 40K OF REPAIRS, he had better get that number to match.. END OF STORY..

At the end, he was at $43k, and put a disclaimer on there that stated the running frame is bent and would need further detailed inspection to get a good number on it..

#1- he has to total it

I really despise insurance people, almost as bad as crooked politicians and lawyers ๐Ÿ™‚

Did it pass all three tiers?
Hope so, time to really get looking.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

#1- he has to total it

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7