cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weber q issue

Lemonhead78
Explorer
Explorer
So I converted a Weber q to work off of a quick connect line connected to camper. We had to sell our camper and now I have a grill I can’t use. Is their anyway to use it off of a propane tank ? Should I try and sell it ? Or should I contact Weber for a new regulator ? I’m afraid I’ll screw it up trying to fix it and hurt myself
10 REPLIES 10

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lemonhead78 wrote:
So I converted a Weber q to work off of a quick connect line connected to camper. We had to sell our camper and now I have a grill I can’t use. Is their anyway to use it off of a propane tank ? Should I try and sell it ? Or should I contact Weber for a new regulator ? I’m afraid I’ll screw it up trying to fix it and hurt myself
You want this. New, never used. Just drop by our place! 🙂 They are available on ebay for $50.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
allen8106 wrote:

The Weber Q requires a non-regulated supply.

Read the original post. The OP took the regulator off of his Weber Q.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
Propane hose with regulator and quick connect

The Q DOES require a regulated supply, but you only need one regulator in the line, not 2, so that's why folks remove the regulator from the Q when running off the RV's quick connect, which is a line regulated by the RV's propane regulator near the tanks, so the Q is receiving regulated propane.

The OP's problem was he removed the Q's regulator for RV use but now wants to sell the Q and no longer had the regulator to re-install to put it back to original.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Took the regulator off our Weber Q for use with a quick connect when we first got it. I'm sitting at my PC at home, and it's beside me staring me in the face where it's been for several years! I hate throwing good stuff away (trait learned from my dad). If you can use it, send me a PM. Been meaning to put it on CL or ebay but too many other things on the go.

Lemonhead78
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I’m gonna go with boo first reply. I threw away old regulator and I don’t want to mess with it anymore than I have too

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend you screw the regulator back on. Righty-Tighty.

Or buy a regulator. The option Bobbo posted will work fine too.

The newer Q's have a mounting bracket that comes with the regulator and it looks like they go from $42 to $64 on Amazon depending on which one you need.

Or, you could sell it as an "already converted Q" with a quick connect hose set up for RV use only. I believe cheaper aftermarket regulators are available too.

On the other hand, if you kept the old regulator, it won't cost you anything; just remove the quick connect nipple from the Q and put your regulator back on.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
If you did throw it out, why not buy a new regulator for it...available lots of places...Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Lemonhead78 wrote:
So I converted a Weber q to work off of a quick connect line connected to camper. We had to sell our camper and now I have a grill I can’t use.

Why would you not just screw the Q's regulator back on to the grill? Did you throw it out at the time? :?
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB