cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rhinoflex... Not what it used to be

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a new sewer hose so I'm checking out Rhino. I've always heard they were really good so I'm looking on Amazon to find a deal and I see all these negative reviews. Turns out Rhino changed their fittings. The fittings are now attached to the hose via glue not with the black collar. They are permanently attached and the hoses have been blowing off the fittings. The picture they are using online and the picture on the box show the black collar but inside the box is the new style. I saw that for myself at Walmart tonight

Does anyone have any experience with the new style? Are they that bad?
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet
32 REPLIES 32

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron3rd wrote:
I like the 20 ft. Camco Revolution setup better than the Rhinoflex. What makes it handy is it can be split into two 10 ft hoses if you only need a short hose and not the full 20 ft. Nice heavy duty construction with sturdy connections and elbow. About $29 at WalMart

Camco Revolution 20 ft Hose Kit

X2
Store 1 10-ft section in the sewer boom and another in a plastic bin. This is our second set, the first set lasted 7-8 years.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
Just got a set. We'll see....

What does yours look like? Where did you get it?
Todd

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
A lot of manufacturers provide products to Walmart that are more cheaply made in order to meet the Walmart price point.

I realize that but it was the reviews on Amazon not Walmart that first pointed this out. The bottom line is Camco cheaped out with Rhino and ruined a great product. If the old style is still available I'd get it. It's a nice design. I hope you are right. I'll have to look around. However based on the reviews from Amazon where some of the people contacted Camco and Camco confirmed that they changed the design it doesn't look likely.
Todd

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of manufacturers provide products to Walmart that are more cheaply made in order to meet the Walmart price point.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
The part we can't be sure of is that the pictures on the box and online show the hose with removable fittings and black collars but the actual product in the box is the newer style. So unless you buy it in a store you can't be sure what your getting. They need to change their packaging to better reflect the contents. Technically it's false advertising.
Todd

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
LoudRam wrote:

I didn't buy anything yet. My comments are based on multiple reviews and pictures from Amazon buyers and my own observation of a rhino hose at Walmart.
For the Amazon link just go to Amazon and search for Rhino flex 20' sewer kit. There are over 3000 reviews and most were good but I was reading the most recent and there were enough hose separations to get me wondering.

I'm just saying there is a lot of confusion about their different grade products. Including cross-referenced reviews. It's their own fault.

Here is a link to the full Camco catalog. Knowing the differences in the products might help. 35mb download PDF.

Camco Catalog
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
LoudRam wrote:
I'm looking for a new sewer hose so I'm checking out Rhino. I've always heard they were really good so I'm looking on Amazon to find a deal and I see all these negative reviews. Turns out Rhino changed their fittings. The fittings are now attached to the hose via glue not with the black collar. They are permanently attached and the hoses have been blowing off the fittings. The picture they are using online and the picture on the box show the black collar but inside the box is the new style. I saw that for myself at Walmart tonight

I suspect you got the wrong product. Either because you bought the cheapest version, or possibly a seller swapped it on you. Either way, several products are called Rhinoflex. Various designs and price points. Maybe you would post a link to what you bought and then we can see.

I didn't buy anything yet. My comments are based on multiple reviews and pictures from Amazon buyers and my own observation of a rhino hose at Walmart.
For the Amazon link just go to Amazon and search for Rhino flex 20' sewer kit. There are over 3000 reviews and most were good but I was reading the most recent and there were enough hose separations to get me wondering.
Todd

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
LoudRam wrote:

I suspect you got the wrong product. Either because you bought the cheapest version, or possibly a seller swapped it on you. Either way, several products are called Rhinoflex. Various designs and price points. Maybe you would post a link to what you bought and then we can see.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
There are adapters available that adapt female to male bayonet from the cam lock..also vice versa.

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
While the waste master may be a great hose, I have no desire to modify my fittings which eliminates the option to use standard stuff. We carry over 40 feet of hose and have needed most or all of it on occasion.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I started out with the Thedford hose lasted a few months past 5 years. In Alaska you go with what's available so went with Camco Rhinoflex going on year 5 in July. This has all been fulltime use seldom lay hose on ground usally use hose holder.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the Valtera Terminator sewer hose for about five years. It is still as good as the day I bought it. A couple of reasons that a sewer hose fails are laying them on the ground and storing them in the bumper that has rough places or rust inside.

When on the ground, especially on gravel, when dumping, the movement of the hose wears holes in the hose. When stored in the bumper, vibration while driving also can cause wear.

I have always stored my hoses in plastic tubs and never experienced pin holes in the twelve years I have been raving.

Just my opinion.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice. I'll be checking out a few of the suggestions. I'm thinking of 3 10' hoses or maybe 2 10' and 1 15' hose. I have two gray tanks so I'll be using a Y fitting and then 1 line to the sewer. I thought about using a garden hose for the galley tank but decided against it.
Todd

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the EZ Coupler sewer hose, actually a couple sections for longer reaches:

EZ-Coupler Sewer Hose

Going on at least three years, not sure how much longer, and still water tight. Peggy wanted red sewer hose to match the sides of our slideouts. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"