cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix split open wheel well?

camper16
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I just realized my wheel well (under my sink) just split open, don’t know what would have caused it. You can see the top of outside wheel from under the sink cabinet. Kinda struggling how to tackle this, Can anyone give an idea on how to repair this?

Thank you

2006 Fun Finder X160 travel trailer
3 REPLIES 3

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Depends if you can get the sides of the split to go back together or in the same plane. If they do, I’d go with what Ralph said, adding Eternabond on the inside.
If not, then either replace the wheelwell, or do something like Guy suggested. And I would glass it inside and out.
I might be tempted to just Eternabond inside and out at first and see how long it lasts. Could be eternally.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
If it is just a crack or narrow opening and you can get at it, repair it with fiberglass tape, wetted out with West Systems "G-Flex" two part epoxy.
G-Flex is about the only epoxy that will adhere to anything including plastic.
Follow the directions on the brochure that comes with it.

Guy

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pictures would be good to give you the best advice. On a 12 year old camper it could be many things. Could be rotten flooring, Could be something got thrown up by your tire and damaged the bottom of the trailer. Need to do a little more investigating to see if the flooring inside the cabinet is soft or solid and just punctured.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.