cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help 2004 Gulf Stream crescendo diesel

Craignanc
Explorer
Explorer
Hi we have a problem with our generator and was hoping for help. We have a 2004 Gulf Stream crescendo diesel. First the house batteries are new and I checked them and they are good, I have intellipower 9180 converter I checked the plug that powers it and it was ok I then checked the output coming out of the converter and that was good.the problem is when I go to start my generator it’s like there’s not enough power the co2 alarm goes off...alarms sound etc. but if I use the battery button to jump the engine batteries it starts right up. Also I got the wiring schematic from gulf streamand double checked that the house batteries are wired correctly. Also the generator is powered by the house batteries. Thanks for any advice
2 REPLIES 2

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Those CO2 detectors are dual purpose...a audible low voltage detector. The generator is not getting enough power (to low a voltage to start) to start until you add the engine batteries. You have a bad connections or bad batteries. Yes I know you said they are good but have someone check the voltage at the lugs of the batteries while trying to start the generator. If very little voltage drop then between the positive lug and the frame. Find the bad connections
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Check and clean the grounds off the generator and the batteries. Especially where they connect to the chassis
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie