cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installed Wildkat Converter

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got the new convertor installed today. It passed the 12v smoke test, I'll drag the generator out there tomorrow and smoke test with 120v. This is in preparation of dry camping and installing golf cart batteries.
This project is a bit more advanced, one should be comfortable with working with 120v wires and electrical panels. Need to also be a bit patient, it's a bit of a project to disconnect the large wires. Took approximately 2 hours including the time to drive 20 minutes round trip to retrieve my drill... which I did not use. Here's the link to the product I installed.
3 REPLIES 3

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finally had an opportunity to force the unit into boost 14.4 mode. Working like a champ!

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
And it passed the 120v smoke test.

Breaker was off, took me a couple to find it. Must have bumped it off when I reattached the cover. I was surprised at how high the battery voltage got in a very short period of time.

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
That's the same converter I installed in my 2017 J Flight 23RB in January 2018. So far it's worked exactly like it's supposed to. After the batteries have been used awhile, it will automatically go into bulk (Boost) mode-14.4. Then it drops back to normal mode-13.6. Then it will drop to maintenance (storage) mode-13.2.

The old WFCO never went into the bulk mode.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch