cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brooklyn Queens Expressway

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone traveled the BQE in a fifth wheel? Picking up a new to us fifth wheel in a couple of weeks and we will be down by route 78, so the BQE is closer. I am reading conflicting info on Bridge clearances. Our fiver will be 13 feet, or should I just take the GW home and not think about it?
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker
8 REPLIES 8

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Took the TT down there a few times when we lived on LI. Not any worse than the GWB, the new Kosciusko bridge is nice, traffic just as bad. The BQE is a designated interstate (I-278) with semi traffic on it, so it must conform to the required 13'6" clearances. I don't recall seeing any clearance warning signs last time we went that way. TT was 12'6". I wouldn't worry about it.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks we will druve around and yes I measured my rig when connected. Otherwise thereโ€™s no point!
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
Drove tractor trailer on the BQE many times, the bridges are marked12'6 but they are high enough for a 13'6 trailer to pass through without a problem, still wouldn't take an RV on it.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
With a RV you've never actually measured while hooked to your truck I wouldn't take any chances. If you do make sure your insurance is already in place before you hook up.
Puma 30RKSS

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
The clearances say they are lower then you height. Just a quick search says its passable at higher heights but only in certain lanes. I wouldn't chance it. Accident in the taller lane, now your stuck or worse. But its up to you.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about a south bound off of Long Island. Has anyone taken the BQE in a fifth wheel. I am 13โ€™2โ€ tall.

Thx

kenbert
Explorer
Explorer
Took the BQE once when I had a Trailer, Never Again.
95 Georgie Boy Encounter 37ft 5.9 cummins DP
01 Saturn SW

GW to Throgs Neck to 495 ???.. I think I would avoid the BQE..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet