cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveling help

mxdad777
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a long time RVer but just downsized to a 2018 Rockwood 8299BS. My previous rigs all had hydraulic level systems, but this 5er only has power stabilizer jacks in the back and the power jacks in the front. Most of the places we camp now are relatively flat, but are still off enough to need some leveling. I'm contemplating adding the Lippert leveling kit, but not sure I want to part with $2,700 yet. So what does everyone use for leveling their 5er? Thanks in advance for any help.

2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
2019 GMC Duramax 4x4

3 REPLIES 3

Admin
Double post
See other thread running

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We have a FR Hemisphere which is the sister to the Rockwood line. We use the Andersen Levelers for side to side leveling and Lynx Levelers for under the rear stabilizer jacks and front power jacks. We have three 10-Packs of the Lynx Levelers in case the Andersen levelers don't get us level but so far we haven't had that happen. That's all we've ever needed and we camp in both State Parks and Resorts.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Before we got the new coach w/ the 6 pt Level-Up, we use to carry 2- 2x8 (1 was 6'and the other 5') along w/ a few 1x6x18". Would place the 2 by's under the wheels 1st for main leveling side to side, then add the 1 by's if need be to fine tune. Then would place a large piece of wood under front legs for w "wider footprint". The legs were able to be extended inside themselves so was always a guessing game as to how many holes we had to show and then lower w/ power and just before hitting the boards, slip 1/8"-1/4" 4"x4"'s under the pads so they would hit at same time. Had a level on side of coach that had numbers which corresponded to inches so in a sense you knew how far the legs had to go etc. Still a guessing game. All in all, we were able to get leveled 100% in a short order. Now w/ the 6 pt, can be done in under 2 minutes.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"