cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warren Bridge CG south of GT/YNP Wyoming

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
For those heading to Yellowstone or Grand Tetons NP's, I wanted to let you know about a great BLM CG on US 191 about an hour south of Grand Teton NP and 20 miles northwest of Pinedale. Warren Bridge CG (BLM) makes a great staging area heading into the park(s). We've stayed there a couple of times in the last few years.

There are 16 pull through sites with numerous threaded water spigots throughout the CG. The host even encouraged us to fill our tanks before heading into the parks. There are trash cans at every site. One can also hear the Green River from every site. Not that there's much traffic noise at night on US 191! No hookups, but the pit toilets are kept quite clean and the dump station is free if you camp there. When we camped there last year, it was $10/night, 1/2 that with the senior pass.

If you'd rather boondock, across the river on the opposite side of the road is a dirt road heading into an area where there are several designated dispersed camping areas with a central pit toilet. Free. Pull up a satellite view and you can see the various spots on the west side of the river north of the highway.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)
5 REPLIES 5

caver
Nomad
Nomad
The name of nearby Horsefly Ditch doesn't sound inviting but thanks anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ Always nice to add a new spot to the GPS. Granite hotsprings was cool when I was north of there a couple years ago. Road in was rough.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the info on this campground. I am seriously looking at a trip to GT and possibly YS this July/August and this will be quite helpful.

I have bookmarked this discussion in a special folder so I don't lose the info.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it's a nice spot. There are also some dispersed sites along the river on the other side of the highway.

Here are some pix.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
we have stayed there many times while en route to Jackson and the national parks.
if you need to do laundry, there is a good laundrymat in Pinedale, on the west end of town, on the south side of the highway. it's about a block off the highway, but you can see it from the road...unless someone has built a large building in front of it. lol
moving on toward Jackson, there is a gas station at the junction of 191 and 89 (Hoback Junction) that usually has decent prices on diesel, etc.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

dedmiston
That sounds amazing. Thanks for the tip.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230