Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions on this travel trailer

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/WNXY4uZJ0_w

What does everyone think about this new layout? We're not getting it, it's just that this is different so I'm curious what everyone thinks of it.
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet
22 REPLIES 22

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did I hear him call it a mid-size trailer? Specs say it's over 35'! Heavy too at 9800 lbs GVWR.

I just can't see the point of those patios, and one on the side would be an issue in some CGs. You could be sitting on your patio looking right into you neighbor's windows.

The TT manufacturers all try and hook customers by floor plans, colors, bling and various gimmicks and try to outdo the competitors. For the a TT that size, it still has the typical tiny kitchen counter, no wardrobe/closet for jackets and misc. stuff, no pantry, cramped bathroom and just a small med. cab. After going through 3 TTs in just 3 years, I've become hardened and cynical (sigh)... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Our first TT was a Coachmen Catalina. I used to think the overall quality was awful but compared to 2 KZ TTs we've owned, it really wasn't that bad at all.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
i like it. basically the same floor plan as our first TT. a 33ft wildwood, minus the sliding doors and patio. if my wife had seen this TT we might not have bought our current 37ft 3 slide TT. Wife loves her space. our 4 small dogs would love the patio.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
To each their own but, it's not for me. I like my little 20 foot TT. I've considered a 22 foot but, that is way to big of a TT for me to like. If your going to go that big get a 5th wheel.

As for the patio ? Someone said it would be good for kids or small dogs. For them why can't you just put a rug on the ground and set up a pen under the awning and have the same thing only a lot simpler.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
I much prefer just a rug or nothing to confine our outside area like that. And no access to the fridge. Presentation over function for the impulse buyer.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Acdii
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of Grand Tour when May did that to his trailer. His DID have legs to support it.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big and heavy, especially in stick and tin. The floor plan is pretty good but I do not see the point of the "patio" unless you are trying to contain infant children or small dogs.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
2Rad4U wrote:
I like it. I see a lot of toy haulers using the rear gate as a patio.

In the campgrounds we frequent (state parks), we would have no problem deploying the patio.

My little pooch would LOVE being outside on the patio!

And, the natural light in the living area is awesome.

I dig it.

I just bought a TH in the fall and only had one trip it in before I had to winterize but the pups loved sunning on the patio and we loved not having to have them on chains or leashes per the rules. We were within a few feet of them, they felt like they were enjoying our company while we sat around the fire and we had none of the tangled leashes.

I expect we may use it for coffee in the morning or a drink in the evening if the sunrise/sunset is at the right orientation that the view is best from there.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice change. I kinda like it.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting enough to consider, even though it may introduce some challenges. I like it!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't want to be in a state park that is so cramped that you couldn't use the patio, because I wouldn't be able to use the awning either. We had a 3 bed hybrid and camped with it up and down the east coast and out to Texas. Never found a campground that we couldn't deploy all three beds. I love trees on my camp site, but not so close that they are in the way.

We do not have pets or small children, but I would think this TT would be ideal for that crowd. We've been to plenty of campgrounds were campers have all configurations of pet fencing to keep their dogs and little kids on the site. This seems a lot easier.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
trailer_newbe wrote:
The porch and sliding door is a novel idea, just good luck lowering the porch on just about all campsites. Too wide.

I've often pondered what the draw is to sit around on a fold down 64 sq ft patio with a railing, on an RV in a campground? Whatever works for you I guess.

I'm with you.....you might be able to put that thing down on around 5% or less of the campsites in the State and ACOE places we are familiar with that have trees. I know people with 3 bunk hybrids who have problems and the side bunk only projects 4'. It Would probably not be an issue in wide open field or parking lot campgrounds, other than most of those places it would be against you neighbors wall. Probably would work well at Walmart.

No comment from me on construction and longevity.
What's the draw, you say? People with small children. Side patios and back patios are the cat's meow for toddlers (not that intend on owning one). These things are everywhere in FL campgrounds. I'd disagree regarding the notion that you couldn't extend it at most places. It doesn't look like it sticks out any further than the awning. There's only one place we've been to in the last few years where it wouldn't work...and we camp at a lot of crowded state and city parks.

But overall...not my cup of tee and especially not on that TT.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I like the idea of letting light into the interior. Might be an issue in AZ.

Our needs are different. Anything over 25 ft. and half-ton towable would be too big for us.

However, judging from the RV shows 35 ft. plus 5vers and 30 ft. TT dominate the market. RV demographic are changing, minimalist now includes AC, Wi-Fi, multiple TVs, etc.

Coming from a canoe and tent background my view of camping stops with the addition of wheels. When I opted for creature comforts, I stop worrying about what others considered "must have".

Now my only question is; how much of a hassle I it for me to haul and maintain this one more piece of gear.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Not for us. The wife saw it, โ€œWhy not just rent a condo?โ€
Are people now starting to be wary of being on the ground?
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Put the awning out, and it is the same as sitting "out under the awning", except cleaner and no steps.

Some of the comments with that video talk about getting stabilizers under that patio to reduce rocking of the trailer, think about how much weight leverage is there.

Definitely something I would consider if I was in a buying mood.