cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opening of Yellowstone NP Roads

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Several main roads in Yellowstone NP will be opened to traffic this weekend; check with NPS officials for specific roads.
5 REPLIES 5

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a few weeks in the Spring and in the Fall when the roads are cleared of snow but closed to public cars. The roads are open to bicycling, though, and a great time to ride the Park roads with no traffic. No clouds of soot from the tourist buses, no cars forcing you to crash into the guardrails, no traffic jams.
Many Parks allow this, not just YNP.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
A couple of years ago I was at Yellowstone when they let all of the animals out for the summer. It was nice to see how well the wolves, bears, deer, and bison all got along so well in the shared spaces. Did you know that the animals live in all of the hotel rooms while the tourists are at home?
I wonder how many urban kids you could convince that this is true?

In reality, I went through YNP the first week it opened back in the mid 70's and really enjoyed the total lack of crowds.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Twomed wrote:

Friday will see most roads and some stores opening, animals are out, lots of snow. Only thing missing today was guests...very quiet, beautiful drive. ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder why they left the animals out while there is still lots of snow? :@

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
I usually just look at the web cams - Here
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
307-344-2117 for the up to date YELL Roads Report.

Friday will see most roads and some stores opening, animals are out, lots of snow. Only thing missing today was guests...very quiet, beautiful drive. ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843