Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning up my stabilizer jacks

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
moved to DIY section.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
4 REPLIES 4

babock
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Babock: Too busy for that, but am sure someone got some good info. Don't be so picky. If they are scissors then they are stabilizing very little weight. I got a replacement scissors for my son-in-laws little trailer that seized up from e-trailer. Better quality than the OEM jack and only took about 1/2 to 3/4 an hour to install. Keep them lubed with WD-40.
I think I helped people that thought they could have been hydraulic.

BTW...Took exactly 10 seconds to see what he was working on. Took you longer to write your response that it took me to look at the video and write mine. Don't get your panties in a bunch next time. I wasn't criticizing you in my post.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Babock: Too busy for that, but am sure someone got some good info. Don't be so picky. If they are scissors then they are stabilizing very little weight. I got a replacement scissors for my son-in-laws little trailer that seized up from e-trailer. Better quality than the OEM jack and only took about 1/2 to 3/4 an hour to install. Keep them lubed with WD-40.

Yes, took a bit of time. But, there is a big difference between "stabilizer" and ""leveling" jacks. Stabilizers can not lift the rig, while leveling jacks can.

babock
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
I hope you did not score them with the wire brush. If they are hydraulic like mine you might have ruined the shafts. They should be smooth. I have not had a problem, but what I do is wipe them with a soft cloth or paper towel with silicone spray on it. I try to be sure I get up inside by the seal too. Then I spray the piston with the silicone. This also done every time before I retract them.
Watch the video. Not hydraulic. Scissors type.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I hope you did not score them with the wire brush. If they are hydraulic like mine you might have ruined the shafts. They should be smooth. I have not had a problem, but what I do is wipe them with a soft cloth or paper towel with silicone spray on it. I try to be sure I get up inside by the seal too. Then I spray the piston with the silicone. This also done every time before I retract them.