cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 FR XLR Nitro 28kw ramp door issues

Akredneck
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first toy hauler and I just picked it up Saturday from the dealer and noticed that the ramp door doesn’t seal completely the last 1/4 of the way up the door and the door is real loose. The dealer did try to adjusting the catch pins but that didn’t fix it and there is no adjustments for the jaws themselves. Their suggestion was to add some compression clamps. I’m not too fond of drilling in to the door. Right now I have cargo straps pulling the door closed tight and catching grief from the wife. Has anyone have any ideas on a fix?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Akredneck
Explorer
Explorer
It was used (the door is not tweaked any) and they are not a Forest River dealer, plus it’s a 325 mile drive.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Akredneck wrote:
This is our first toy hauler and I just picked it up Saturday from the dealer and noticed that the ramp door doesn’t seal completely the last 1/4 of the way up the door and the door is real loose. The dealer did try to adjusting the catch pins but that didn’t fix it and there is no adjustments for the jaws themselves. Their suggestion was to add some compression clamps. I’m not too fond of drilling in to the door. Right now I have cargo straps pulling the door closed tight and catching grief from the wife. Has anyone have any ideas on a fix?
Thanks!

Just picked it up Saturday....If it is being bought as a new unit.....
Just return it Monday and tell them you want a different new unit. You didn't spend your money for something you need to repair right off the lot.
If you are buying used, I'd still try my best to have them make it right.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500