cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung microwave

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2004 Jayco Class C with a Samsung over the range microwave which is on the recall list. Talked with Samsung and they can send me a refund but of course I will have to replace it myself. The problem is, I cannot find a microwave that will fit. The available space is only 23.5 inches wide. I have checked several websites and cannot find one that is this small. My question is, has anyone run into this particular problem and how did you resolve it? I cannot get a bigger unit to fit unless I do extensive cabinet modifications which I do NOT want to do. Thanks for any suggestions.
6 REPLIES 6

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know what the problem is ? You could store two cookbooks on either side of this one. ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Contoure-RV-Black-Microwave-p/72-1436.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsA...

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Do a quick google search for "RV Microwave 23.5" wide"

There are quite a few models available that fit into a 20" wide space. You'll have to buy some type of trim kit to fill the extra space in the front of the cabinet and lock the microwave in place.

Maybe a quick call to Jayco to see what they are doing now?

Chum lee

overdrive75
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same situation with my 2003 Winnebago. After much homework, the issue is a short in the touch pad. Samsung is no longer making parts for this microwave. That said there are a ton of new old stock parts out there. I go a hold of the Samsung parts department got the last part number issued for my microwave. With that part number I went on the hunt and found a NOS part on ebay still in original packaging. I changed the touch pad out myself pretty easy and put the microwave back in. That said we still make sure to just flip the microwave breaker off when we are not using it. This is a pain, but every RV microwave that will fit in the cabinet is smaller by a fair amount, so we are going to keep what we have.

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Two thoughts
1) house microwaves, vent to the back, Rv microwaves to the top. I personally did not want one, that vented to the back. As there would be no room for it to vent properly in the RV I believe the dimensions on the below would work fine for you, given what you stated.
2) Camping World carries the dometic brand, that should fit your needs. Put one in a few years back ( it was over the range as well}, no complaints

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
I thought about something like that but in my case it would need lights and exhaust fan on the bottom since it is mounted over the range.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a smaller microwave at Walmart for $30. I mounted it with some metal brackets I made. I pocketed the remaining $170 of the refund. It worked out great for me.