cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

knee relacement

brokenoaks
Explorer
Explorer
my wife and I are full timers. I go in to have my second knee replacement next week. did the first one in November and continued to travel up and down the Washington, Oregon, California coast for the winter with no problems. will be staying at our home base in the Columbia River Gorge of Washington during recovery of this one. with stays in Gifford Pinchot national forest (after the snow melts). point is we can still enjoy travel even with health issues.
4 REPLIES 4

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Living with medical issues causes some adjustments obviously depending on the issue. I travel solo with both knees replaced in the last year, Type 1 Diabetic, Sleep Apnea and just had Cardiac Ablation at 68 years of age. I cycle outdoors 250 miles a week, go to the gym 3 times a week, do all the remodeling of our house and do most of the maintainence on my motorhome as well as wash and polish every three months. After TKR I was back in my office in 4 days, started PT at that time 3 x a week for 5 weeks, back on my bike 4 weeks after surgery going easy, then quickly increasing my rides as well as all activities. Life is too short and too interesting to limit yourself.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since you have already had one knee replaced this might not apply but...

Before they put anything into your body find out what they are going to use and be damned sure you are not allergic to it. I was the one guy in 10,000 that is deathly allergic to Cobalt and, you guessed it, they put in a Cobalt Chromium knee. My body was rejecting that knee before I was off of the operating table.

Six miserable, hellish months of failed PT later I fired the surgeon and got a second opinion. He quickly diagnosed the problem and they had to cut my leg off a second time and replace with a ceramic knee. Spent 31 days in the hospital, 17 the first time and 14 the second. I don't blame the VA, just my bad luck but beware.

Stuff happens.

:S

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
My husband had two knee replacement a year a part. According to him it was more painful than back surgery.
He started going to therapy three day after coming home from the hospital. He didn't want a nurse coming over so he figure if I can walk upstairs I sure can go to therapy three days a week. He did therapy for 2 1/2 months.

Best of Luck and keep up with the therapy.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
DH had his shoulder replaced in March a few years ago and our only change was that I did the driving and the setting up outside. He did the setup inside that he could do.

Then, in September, he had one knee replaced and did that rehab, then the other one in December (we had met our deductible and got it in before the end of the year). By the time camping season rolled around for us (March or April), he was ready to go again.

He's my $6 million dollar man now and doesn't have many more parts that can be replaced, but now I guess it's my turn.

Do your rehab and best of luck with this second replacement.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW