cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

air pressure problems

EPeterman
Explorer
Explorer
parked in tx for winter started up discovery 275 cummins and air fails to build over 60 after 15min any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

EPeterman
Explorer
Explorer
air lowering knob on dash took care of problem thanks tonew view of tunnel vision I don't remember the problem before. thanks fir response it helped me..

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
First off I am not familiar with your coach however since it has an air system I imagine it has air brakes. In my 43+ years driving truck and 3 to 4 million miles 60# of air pressure won't release parking brakes. I would guess air governor stuck is your problem. In my experience the governor has been mounted on top of the compressor. Cylinder shape about 1.5" x 4" and has a rubber cap on one end. Try tapping that with a hammer while engine and compressor is running. Good luck, Don

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you hearing any air leaks outside? Are you running the engine up to 1000 RPM or higher? What more can you tell us that you have done in the way of trouble-shooting? I am hopeful that Doug's answer solves your problem.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
drive the unit forward about 20 feet and then stab the brakes. That usually frees up the Freightliner air bag arms. Doug

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rev the engine up and start trying everything...brakes, brake release and even air leveling. Hopefully something will seal up and the pressure will build. If not shut engine off and get out and listen for the leak.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a valve that dumps the air that might still be on?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE