cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

High Winds in Alburquerque

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I certainly wouldn't want to be driving an RV or any high profile vehicle on an interstate in ABQ right now. I've been here several days and some of these winds are the highest I've ever encountered in years. One gust almost blew me over as I was standing, trying to remove something from my vehicle. I'm not in an RV right now, but if I was I would stay put until a calmer day. I'm sure some gusts are reaching hurricane strength. I looked up the weather on the Internet and I'm certain their readings are way off. At 12:30 PM they gaged wind speed at 16 MPH. Wonder in what part of ABQ, they took that reading? Sustained winds appear to me to be 40MPH or higher. It wouldn't surprise me if tonight's news shows overturned semi's on I-25 or I-40. Drive carefully out there, folks.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
3 REPLIES 3

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Dragged my TT into a 50 mph (estimated) headwind crossing Oklahoma once several years ago. Had the diesel Jeep floored to hold 50 mph most of the day. It was brutal, and my mileage that day dropped to around 9 mpg from the normal 14. Never doing that again, @Mr. Ed. I'm staying put, too.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
No thanks. I'm staying put!
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
At this point looks like a tail wind if your headed East until you get to Tucumcari then it is from the SW
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel