Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: dog food for old dog
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> dog food for old dog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW! So many self-appointed dog food and micro-organism experts here in this forum! Who would have ever guessed. Dr. Doug, of course, does know what he is talking about, and should be listened to.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have BSL 2 lab work training and experience (testing human blood and serum samples). When your job entails developing new tests for biomarkers in human blood and serum samples you learn about pathogens and minimizing exposure risks.

You can read about the 4 bsl levels here
https://consteril.com/biosafety-levels-difference/

PhD in chemistry
25 years work experience as a research scientist at a biotech firm that develops, manufactures, and sells 100s of diagnostic tests used by pharmaceutical companies in drug development and research foundations for investigating human diseases.

Enough expertise for you?

* This post was edited 08/06/19 07:34am by BCSnob *

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

I have BSL 2 lab work training and experience (testing human blood and serum samples). When your job entails developing new tests for biomarkers in human blood and serum samples you learn about pathogens and minimizing exposure risks.

Mark does indeed know what he's talking about (and has the training and experience to back it up)!!! I value his input and our differences here are academic and minor.

Just sayin'

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agreed

dcason

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My rescue girl is regularly fed raw farm eggs (might be dramatically different than grocery store). Dogs digestive tracts are more acidic than ours. I do not worry about contracting anything. Oh and she is a raw fed dog...healthy coat, not aggressive (LOL on that one), her teeth are WHITE not brown and she loves her food.

Our Blog

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

PhD in chemistry
25 years work experience as a research scientist at a biotech firm that develops, manufactures, and sells 100s of diagnostic tests used by pharmaceutical companies in drug development and research foundations for investigating human diseases.

Somebody's underwear is a little too tight!

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

BCSnob wrote:

PhD in chemistry

Actually I would say his responses have been very well thought out. He obviously has the knowledge to defend his position and may be the most educated poster on this topic.

There is lots of unwarranted push back on a raw diet. Good to see someone so educated share his thoughts.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Mark does indeed know what he's talking about (and has the training and experience to back it up)!!! I value his input and our differences here are academic and minor.

Just sayin'

I'll admit that I burst out laughing to think that Mark's expertise was being called into question....LOL!!! I appreciate the VERY well-balanced views both of you bring.

Last night on TV there was a woman who was licked by her dog on an open (minor) wound and got sepsis and an infection that I would have to look up - they admitted that it was extremely rare. She lost both legs and both hands as a life-saving measure - and they showed her letting her dog lick her face after all that. I think I would rather "die-by-dog" than go through life without any.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

DownTheAvenue wrote:

BCSnob wrote:

PhD in chemistry

Actually I would say his responses have been very well thought out. He obviously has the knowledge to defend his position and may be the most educated poster on this topic.

There is lots of unwarranted push back on a raw diet. Good to see someone so educated share his thoughts.

Oh no, having an advanced degree myself, I appreciate an educated response. Its just that Mr. Bionic Man self promoted and was snarky, which was uncalled for. Others who responded in the thread most certainly don't have expertise, just anecdotal comments.

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/19 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

Bionic Man wrote:

DownTheAvenue wrote:

BCSnob wrote:

PhD in chemistry

Oh no, having an advanced degree myself, I appreciate an educated response. Its just that Mr. Bionic Man self promoted and was snarky, which was uncalled for. Others who responded in the thread most certainly don't have expertise, just anecdotal comments.

Guess that's egg in somebody's face, ROTFL

BTW - Amen to the "sanrky"...[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> dog food for old dog
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS