cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comanche, British Bride and British SIL on Vancouver Island

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
For fifteen years or so, we have been visiting Vancouver Island, usually staying at the Salmon Point RV Resort and Marina near Campbell River. My wife's sister, Marion, accompanied us on most of those trips until health prevented her from continuing. Many of you may remember her.
Sadly, Marion is now on hospice care, and it's an hour-to-hour thing.
She so enjoyed traveling with us, and especially liked Vancouver Island since it was a bit of Jolly Old England both for her and my wife Haze.
We made many friends from around the world there - friends we will never forget. Unfortunately, our own health has stopped our visits to the Island. Staying a bit closer to home, but always there on the waterfront watching the cruise ships sail by...

Lonnie and Hazel
(Grey Mountain, itinerant wagon-burning Comanche)
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
9 REPLIES 9

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
On one of our first trips to Salmon Point, I came back to the MH after a quick trip to Campbell River only to find Hazel and Marion in our bedroom with a strange man...
...seems there was an English soccer game on TV and the camper next to us, an Brit, heard them carrying on and shouting about the game. He politely knocked on the door and asked if he could come in and join them since he couldn't get the proper TV channel.
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
daveB110 wrote:
Thanks Grey Mountain, I was sad to hear that you were not going to Vancouver Island, last year. But happy that you posted again. But sad that Sister in Law, Marrion, had just passed on. But, again, quite happy for you that you now have a brand new great grand niece!

All the best, Lonnie and Hazel! By the way, as a post script, we live on the Mainland of B.C., but when we stand on a chair, then look out a window on a fine day, we can see southern portions of Campbell River! You will come back again- and again and again, at least in good thoughts, just as we do, with memories of Pacific Mainland of Mexico, and more recently, of your own great country!

"Hemingway once wrote, "If you have ever lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go, for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast!" I think RVing is just that as well and, the people you meet in the places you go, are your Moveable Feast!!

I started a log of our travels - first entry is from May 28, 1998. Since then we've been from Vancouver Island in the west to Prince Edward Island in the East in Canada,and from Pacific to the Atlanic in the US. Quite a trip, I must say. And not over yet.
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Grey Mountain, I was sad to hear that you were not going to Vancouver Island, last year. But happy that you posted again. But sad that Sister in Law, Marrion, had just passed on. But, again, quite happy for you that you now have a brand new great grand niece!

All the best, Lonnie and Hazel! By the way, as a post script, we live on the Mainland of B.C., but when we stand on a chair, then look out a window on a fine day, we can see southern portions of Campbell River! You will come back again- and again and again, at least in good thoughts, just as we do, with memories of Pacific Mainland of Mexico, and more recently, of your own great country!

"Hemingway once wrote, "If you have ever lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go, for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast!" I think RVing is just that as well and, the people you meet in the places you go, are your Moveable Feast!!

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the comments and kind words.
Marion passed away this moring at 8:42 CST>

But God has a plan.
Marion's granddaughter-in-law went into induced labor this morning at 10am.
"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away."

One well-lived life ends - another begins. Marion was 81.

Lonnie and Hazel

Gavin Anthony Taylor entered this world at 5:35 pm.

"Blessed be the name of the Lord."
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
We have enjoyed Salmon Point many times. Unfortunately the restaurant burned down a couple of weeks ago.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Lonnie...I am sorry to read of Hazel's sister. I will say... Hospice is a great place to be, when the time comes.

I wish you both great travels..even if it's just down the road from home.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
Lonnie & Hazel. Really nice to hear from you, sorry to hear about Hazel's sister. Maybe we'll pop in to say hello sometime if we do the I40 again. I love to hear the way they mispronounce 'Hereford' on the radio as we pass through cattle country!.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
X2 - I have truly enjoyed reading your travel adventures.
best of luck to you and yours.

stuart
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Lonnie,
We've never met, but I have enjoyed your posts here. We wish you and your family well. Getting old is not what it was cracked up to be, but I haven't found an acceptable alternative.
All we can do is all we can do.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?