Did you mean:ย 

Salmon Pasta with a Creamy Garlic Sauce

Kebamo
Explorer
Explorer
Salmon Pasta with a Creamy Garlic Sauce

Ingredients
* 4 ounces fettuccine or other pasta uncooked
* 1/2 pound fresh salmon (skinless if possible)
* Onion powder to taste
* Salt & pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* Juice from 1/2 medium lemon (about 1 tbsp)
* 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
* 3 cloves garlic minced
* 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
* 1 tablespoon flour
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped

Instructions
1. Boil a large salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook using package directions until it's al dente.
2. Grate parmesan and set aside. Season the salmon lightly with onion powder and salt & pepper on both sides.
3. Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet on medium high heat. Once it's hot, add the salmon. Cook salmon for a couple of minutes on each side.
4. Take the salmon out of the pan and set aside. Add the white wine, lemon juice, cream, garlic, and parmesan, and scrape the bottom of the pan so the brown bits get incorporated into the sauce.
5. Slowly add the flour to the sauce, while stirring, to avoid any lumps.
6. Add the salmon back in the pan and break it up with your cooking spoon so it's in bite-size chunks. Gently mix it in with the sauce. Cook for an additional five minutes or so until the sauce is thickened and salmon is cooked through.
7. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet, along with 1 tablespoon of the water you cooked the pasta in. Gently mix the sauce and pasta. Serve immediately with parsley and extra parmesan cheese if desired.

Recipe Notes
* If you can't buy skinless salmon, you can easily remove the salmon from the skin just before you add the salmon back into the pan (step 6), or use a sharp knife to remove the skin prior to seasoning it. Or keep it on if you don't mind it.
* This recipe is easily doubled. I used one piece of fish when making this recipe for two people.
* The sauce is fairly lemony, so if you're not into that, halve the amount of lemon, then add more in once you've tasted it if it's not lemony enough for you. 
Karl & Bobbi
1994 Coachman Leprechaun Class C
2 B 1 ASK 1
Retired/DAV
Passport America Member R-0310475
Good Sams Club Member
KE3NF Advance Class Ham Radio Operator
Conway, SC. USA
7 REPLIES 7

booo193
Explorer
Explorer
I like creamy pasta with chicken and mushrooms...
This is my favourite.
And found one more interesting recipe - Mushrooms Avocado Pasta
Delicious))

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Tried Kebamo's recipe and it was just outstanding. We used silver (coho) salmon, but any species would probably work just fine. Next time we may try king or fresh pink. Definitely one for the recipe box. Thanks.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Super Dave, thank you.
Will be working on this coming up.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Smoked salmon and pasta

Perfect Marinara:
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
28 oz. Crushed tomatoes
1 oz. tomato sauce
Fresh basil, 1 handful โ€“ torn
Healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
Kosher salt to taste

Sautee garlic with pepper flakes for about 6 minutes, until golden.
Add crushed tomatoes, torn basil and salt.
Simmer for 20 โ€“ 25 minutes to reduce.

Vodka Sauce:
4 shallots finely chopped
3 Tbsp butter
1 ยฝ cup heavy cream
ยฝ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
ยผ cup Vodka
Healthy pinch of red pepper flakes
Kosher salt to taste

Sautee shallots in butter about 3 minutes and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir on medium heat until parmesan cheese is fully incorporated.
Mix both sauces together. Toss with cooked linguine noodles. There will be a fair amount of extra sauce leftover.

Smoked Salmon:
1/4 lbs smoked salmon per intended servings.
Add crumbled salmon to noodle and sauce dish. Garnish with parmesan cheese or herbed feta and some chopped cilantro per serving.

Pasta:
I prefer linguine noodles
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
OK! Super Dave

You have NEVER disappointed me or my guests with one of your recipes..So get with it. Give it to me.

And remember I do not have the professional tools some have.
That is to say, Weber tub with a few accessories, a Camp Chef
Pellet smoker with a wide variety of pellets. And a patient wife.
TIA

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
One of my favorite salmon pasta dishes is very similar but uses a Vodka Marinara sauce. I also smoke the salmon first.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds outstanding. We fish Alaska (8 times since 2006) and bring down a 17 cu-ft chest freezer full of shrimp, halibut and salmon. Always looking for good recipes and this sounds like one we'll be adding to our list.

To pan skin a piece of salmon, put it into a very hot frying pan with a tbsp of oil or butter for 30 sec to a minute. This melts the fat layer immediately under the skin, and allows the skin to peel right off.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus