cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class B with high clearance and luxury interior

FindSunshine
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All - I'm planning for retirement and looking for a gas powered Class B RV that has the "finished" look of a Pleasure Way but has higher ground clearance. Does such a thing exist? The inside of a Sportsmobile doesn't seem to have the look and feel of a higher end Class B but it definitely has the clearance I'm looking for. If I have to, I'll go with a Sportsmobile but hoping folks on this forum may be able to point me to a better fit. Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

siremike
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at a Coach House Arriva. Large fridge and has a separate shower. Ground clearance about on par with most other class b motorhomes. The aftermarket will probably be needed for whatever you choose.

Click here to view Arriva

jhayesrv
Explorer
Explorer
You could just purchase the Pleasure-Way and install an after market lift kit like the following owner did to their class b.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02VmbD8LxI

JupiterRT
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Revel May meet your needs

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Advanced RV will do just about anything you want in their Class B models! Look at their multiple videos that explain a lot of details of their builds, especially their cold weather packages.

If I had the bucks that is where I'd shop.

(I dream about owning one)

I have NO affiliation with Advanced RV, just like their products.
Ray

parkgt
Explorer
Explorer
buta4 wrote:
Look at Advanced-RV.

You won't be disappointed!
Just what you are looking for.

Excellent quality and, of course, a price that matches the extra quality costs!

Do they make a special with extra high ground clearance asked about?

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
If you look for a unit designed for rough roads, you could investigate the Bengal made by Provan RV http://www.tigervehicles.com/tiger-models/
Not the look of a B but same comfort level.
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

FindSunshine
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I'm learning that the class B manufactured vans can't just be upgraded to a 4x4 because of the center of gravity. Many conversion van companies focus on the diesel Sprinter chassis. It looks like Sportsmobile and a custom conversion for a Chevy or Ford cargo van is the best choice right now. Will continue to look. Thanks again.

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Advanced-RV.

You won't be disappointed!
Just what you are looking for.

Excellent quality and, of course, a price that matches the extra quality costs!
Ray

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Tripalot wrote:
Check out Leisure Travel Vans.
LTV does not make Class B RVs any more. Too bad because we have one and it is quality built. They moved to small Class C's reportedly because they were more profitable and they didn't have the manpower or factory space for both.

I've seen some Sportsmobiles that were pretty high quality.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

FindSunshine
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Tripalot! I'll take a look. Manufacturers don't publish ground clearance as a rule. At least that has been my experience so far.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Leisure Travel Vans.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)