cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GS Trip Planner

Old_Crows
Explorer
Explorer
OK, GS is killing the old and very good trip planner. New one coming in April?????

My Rand MacNally uses GS TP. Is that still going to WORK?

Is there a website with info?
Old Crows

2014 View Profile
2010 Four Winds Ventura
2005 Trail-Lite C-17 Hybrid TT
7 REPLIES 7

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our trip out west last year I used a combination of Rand-McNally trip maker and RVParky. With RVParky you can put in your destination and use the "Find a Place to stay" button and review all the places in the area that you can stay overnight. Once all done I just duplicated everything on the RM trip planner. It takes a little more work then just the GS but I felt it worked just as well.

For those of you that are IT and GPS experts, there is a way to download the RVParky plan intao the RM gps. I dnt have the needed skills to do that but from what I have readit seems to work just as well. I just looked at the RVParky web site and it appears that possibly they have made changes to be compatible with RM but I would look at it to be sure.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

Wills_Grandma
Explorer
Explorer
One member suggested RV Trip Maker. I tried it - it's great. You also might like to know that if you go to Rand McNally Trip Maker, it is exactly like the old GS Trip Planner and exports to your RM GPS just like the old GS did. The only thing is, it doesn't show campgrounds along your route - you have put in the address of the campground, and RM Trip Maker will find it.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was disappointed in the new trip planner when I first tried it around the first of the month. I went back to it yesterday and found that it now is pretty much the same as the previous one, which made for easy use. I haven't tried everything, but so far, it seems OK>
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Wills_Grandma
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell me how I can get back to the old GS Trip Planner. This new one is terrible. I can't print more than 2 pages of our upcoming long summer trip; when in RV mode, I can't change the route; I don't see anywhere to upload the trip to my Rand McNally RV GPS; most everything that was great about the old one is missing in this new version. If they are still working on it, please give us back the old one until the new one is perfected.

Old_Crows
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I appreciate it. Concerned that what is now compatible with my Xcite-Rand MacNally GPS will be gone. So simple. Desk or laptop accessible. Easy to upload to the dash unit.

Trying to develop a 'pay as you go' routing program? Right. What do you pay GS for anyway? Honestly, they really need to get rid of the '30 somethings' and Business/Marketing degrees and start THINKING about something more than the bottom line, investor profits and bloated CEO salaries, stock options and bonus packages.

I can't see anyone paying for a new GS trip planner when there's boat load of programs and several excellent GPS units out there who continue to have FREE updates, etc., etc..

Frankly, (Pay attention moderators and GS overlords!!!) I can do just as well with the WAZE app and that is FREE, instant updates and good guidance on my cell phone or android. Did I say that WAZE is FREE??? If not .... WAZE is free. No cost. Nada! Nothing....
Old Crows

2014 View Profile
2010 Four Winds Ventura
2005 Trail-Lite C-17 Hybrid TT

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Trip Wizard is a great program but it does require a yearly fee. If you frequently plan out trips, you may decide that it is well worth it. I've been using it for about 6 months or more and plan to keep using it.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think there is even a date for a new one. Last I heard GS was looking for a company that didn't cost many $$ to develop a new system. I wouldn't hold my breath for that. GS doesn't like to give things away for free so I think it will be a long time in coming.