cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving to a used Class A..thoughts on this used model?

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
My sweetie and I have really enjoyed out 1999 Class C (bought used/been great), but finding we need more room. We have been looking at usedd Class A models under the $27,000 price point and finding lots of really nice rigs here in California.
We ran across this one below and are seeing it over the weekend. I'm not familiar with the brand and would appreciate any comments as to likes or dislikes. The age is ok as long as it's had good care. A plus is that it's been stored indoors. Thanks much.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d/citrus-heights-2003-fiesta-30-class/6853678962.html
33 REPLIES 33

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, the two last pictures (showing the motorcycle lift) are clearly not the same MH. My guess, they are there to show the type of motorcycle lift, and it's capacity. If it is the same as what's on the subject MH, IMO the lift an economy model, but it probably gets the job done. It looks like it is (electric) cable operated rather than hydraulic. If that works (has value) for you, fine.

My question would be, "Why doesn't the ad show pictures of the actual lift mounted to the subject MH in the ad?" That's what I would want to see and could have easily been shown since the person taking the pics was . . . . . . right there.

Chum lee

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Ad has been deleted when I looked today 4/12/19.

Wonder if he bought it.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
2bzy2c wrote:
They are of two different coaches. Funny I didn't catch that.
I think he used CruiserLift stock photos to show the motorcycle lift.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
They are of two different coaches. Funny I didn't catch that.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
The photos look like two different MH's. You can see the dog house up front like a V-10 but the back says Turbo Diesel. Either way I would look at it. It has a slide, more storage and more FW capacity than the first one.

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Rexhall for about 6 years. Never went in for any sort of problem. It was rock solid. I think you are on the right track.

Note the ask is 28,500 in the ad title, but the body of the ad says 25,000. Looks like there is some flexibility there.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Nice looking. The last 2 pics are not of a V10. Vin is. I would be concerned about the lift as that is on an extended chassis and likely a 5K hitch. That would mean about 500# tongue weight.

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
jimx200 wrote:
This coach sold quickly and by the time we arrived, it was sold. It was a beauty.
Thoughts on this one? Asking $25,000 or best offer. Looks like a lot of value.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d/wilton-2003-rexhall-american-clipper/6858754132.html

Also nice looking. My question is the ad says it has a V10 (Ford) but the picture of the rear says 300HP turbo diesel? Which is it?

Here's another one. A 36'er with the diesel, same price, lower miles located in PA. Not sure where you are but guessing in CA.
http://classyrv.com/viewlisting.php?listing_id=134315/

jimx200
Explorer
Explorer
This coach sold quickly and by the time we arrived, it was sold. It was a beauty.
Thoughts on this one? Asking $25,000 or best offer. Looks like a lot of value.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/d/wilton-2003-rexhall-american-clipper/6858754132.html

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Seems the ad has been deleted. It must have sold.

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Please let us know what your outcome is once you have seen it.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it could be a great deal. And for some no slide is a no go, and makes the price lower which is good for those that donโ€™t want a slide.
As for the plugs. If itโ€™s an 03 itโ€™s probably on an 02 chassis. By late 02 the heads had more threads per plug. So the plug issue was taken care of.
Look it over good. If itโ€™s worth it and you buy it reseal
All the seams on the roof and the tops of the windows. Maybe blow out the condenser on the roof AC so it can cool efficiently.
Good luck!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
If you are the handy type and don't mind doing some repair work, here is a 2000 Monaco diesel that has met the reserve at 13K

2000 Monaco Knight

Bruce_Brown
2bzy2c wrote:
Not to shoot holes in your dream, but google the number given on the ad. Seems he is a car dealer. Lots of used cars listed under his phone number. I doubt he is the original owner. Move forward with caution.
Otherwise best of luck.

One

Two

Three

Four

Definitely a caution flag but not a show stopper just yet. It might be his personal MH...or not. Looking at the other ads I see they have interior pictures.

Good info to know going in.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910