Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: WARNING: Don't buy a kombi from Pro-vision Garage in Mexico
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> WARNING: Don't buy a kombi from Pro-vision Garage in Mexico

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
tony lee

Dallas TX to AK via Niagara Falls and Dempster Hwy

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ugly Bob is an international traveller - as am I and we don't have the luxury of sitting at home to make our vehicle purchases.

He was just unlucky.

I bought our Airstream Cutter MH in CA sight unseen. Many years later we still have it and there have been no problems that I haven't been able to fix on the side of the road. Been from bottom of Mexico to the Arctic Sea and all points between.
F350 with Big foot camper bought sight unseen in South America. Did the job perfectly although we did have some brake and suspension problems.
OKA 4WD truck - bought sight unseen and it is still going strong.
Class motorhome - bought in Amsterdam. Did the job but was a bit of a pain so we took it back and got a refund
Iveco Daily 4x4. Bought sight unseen in South America knowing exactly what a bomb it was and paid the right price for it. WS only intended to last 6 months and it did everything asked of it. Decided to continue in south America which is why we bought the big foot.

So I perfectly understand the OPs situation and for me, sight unseen has worked well and saved us many thousands in wasted air fares and accommodation

* This post was edited 03/30/19 12:45pm by tony lee *

Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

tony lee

Dallas TX to AK via Niagara Falls and Dempster Hwy

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ugly Bob, I suggest you add your story to ioverlander in the Warning category.

Also I didn't think businesses could censor customer reviews of the business on google

UglyBob

Sweden

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, after replacing the breaks, gearbox, differentials, clutch, gas lines, electric cables and soon the engine too, I think it will finally run decent. I have fixed all their bad cable work for the interior also, so I think it will be in a good state for using a bit and then selling in a few weeks. Right now we are travelling by car instead.

And about tent, yeah, we tried it some nights , but camping are not really my thing and a tent doesnt really offer enough comfort at least for me for a longer period. Max one week then I want a better bed and a shower. Our first plan was to buy a more modern van and convert it ourselves. Really wish we would have done that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> WARNING: Don't buy a kombi from Pro-vision Garage in Mexico
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.