cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ark Encounter

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
If any of you have been to the Ark Encounter in Kentucky, can you recommend an RV park nearby?
Thanks,
LindaAnn
11 REPLIES 11

donut_dave
Explorer
Explorer
we stayed at big bone lick after visiting the museum and 3 springs for the ark.
3 springs was nothing special but it gives 10% for those visiting the ark and it is close.

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend Whispering Hills. It is a great park. The entrance road may seem a little narrow but it is not that long. The ark is really worth going to no matter where you stay.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

kenbert
Explorer
Explorer
I-75 Camper Village. 4 miles from Ark, small campground with pull through sites. Owners were very nice. Ark Encounter was Great.
95 Georgie Boy Encounter 37ft 5.9 cummins DP
01 Saturn SW

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
KY Horse Park is a good choice to stay when traveling to the Arc Encounter, it's only a 40 minute drive. Also, you could spend an entire day at the Horse Park and not see it all. Lexington has lots to see and do and the horse farms that ring the city are a treat to see. Pleasant Hill, a restored Shaker Village, is not far away. The Creation Museum is about a 90 min drive off I-275 that circles around Cincinnati. There is an Indian Springs CG in North Bend Ohio that is about 15 minutes North that can be seen on the West side of the Interstate but I don't know anything about it.

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Big Bone Lick , when you go to the Buffalo pen be sure to check yourself for tickโ€™s

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
I've been hoping to get up there this year. Would Kentucky Horse Park be too far to make a good base camp for the Ark Encounter?
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are both FABULOUS! Big Bone Lick is probably the closest and it does have good reviews, but we've never stayed there. Whispering Hills is about 45 minutes south if you are coming from the south. It also gets good reviews.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

terry_thiessen
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Big Bones last spring . The camp host were the greatest. Went way out of their way to help get a camp site. We did the Ark and the Creation museum a little drive from Big Bones but worth it.

we3
Explorer
Explorer
We are going in about 3 weeks and plan on staying at Big Bone Lick St. park. Did a search on here and it got high reviews. Good luck

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Whispering Hills RV Park is where we stayed when we visited the Ark.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
Been seeing the commercials and it just came up today on my News Feed....looks pretty interesting. I'll be watching the answers here.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)