cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflex Steering Stabilizers ok?

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
I’m considering installing this product on my f53 ford chassis. I’m wondering how it works for you guys
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat
7 REPLIES 7

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Safe-T-Plus on our 99 Winnebago Brave 35C. It helps in a strong steady cross wind. It does help with centering. The Brave also has front and rear air bags.

We also have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G without any additional suspension or steering add ons. I have no problem with the handling.

I think people that have never driven trucks tend to over steer.

I think tire pressure makes the most difference.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
Any other ford f53 chassis owners have this stabilizer? Anyone with a motorhome similar to mine?
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat

grumpy3b
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked up a Monroe 555949 steering stabilizer for my '97 F53 chassis. Putting it on tomorrow. It was not much cost wise, about $50 from the "infamous (remember your Three Amigos lexicon...infamous means m'more than famous...harhar) so it arrived missing one blot set but they covered replacement cost right away.

Anyway I'll know tomorrow if it was worth the effort. I sense it will be just fine. Even with the old one in awful shape I've been really lucky, her steering is actually good.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed one this past winter and this weekend was the first outing of significance and I can't say it added anything to the handling performance. Winds were pretty heavy on Friday and there wasn't much improvement. The rear track bar I installed three years back had a much greater effect on lane stability.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm about to get one installed on our Bay Star. I think you have to understand what the stabilizer is designed to do and that it won't cure other problems that may require a heavier duty sway bar, new shocks, front end alignment, etc. My Bay Star already has Summo springs installed along with a rear track bar. After purchasing it last year, I replaced the tires with Toyo 154 tires and had the front end aligned. It handles fairly well on the road but I believe it will benefit from the Roadmaster stabilizer when it comes to semi and wind push along with handling when the tires have to move over to the edge of the road.

From what I've been able to research, the greater majority of owners have positive comments about the stabilizer. Once I have the stabilizer installed and have some road time with it, I plan to post a review here and elsewhere.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Hated mine. Took them off several years ago and never have looked back. Steering is much better without! JMHO
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

RDG
Explorer
Explorer
I have one on our MH. Works as it should.
2001 Forest River Georgetown 346S Motorhome