cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Thor ACE 27.2 electric fridge-Go Power inverter

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2018 Thor ACE 27.2 that came with an electric fridge.
We only were able to use it once before shutting down for winter.
We were getting it out and ready for use when I noticed the light in the refrigerator was not on and it did not sound like it was on.
As I recall it will run off the batteries by use of the Go Power Inverter Remote.
The Inverter status light is not on.
Now I will admit having only used this RV once I do not remember all the nuances.
Can someone with the same rig tell me if the fridge will run once I turn the main power on or is the Inverter light supposed to be on as well. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere.
I did check all the breakers and fuses and they are all good in the main panel.
Thanks!
BeaverCamper (2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260 DS)
8 REPLIES 8

MrWizard
i think you mean those are 100 AMP circuit breakers

breakers are rated in Amps Not Watts
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

tadler
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a new unit of the same make. I saw the breakers on the side of the compartment above the battery. Both were 100W breaker and resetting did nothing. Was the breaker bind the batterys? If so that is a lousy location. Did the light on the remote come on after you rest? The light was working when we test drove the unit and at the PDI, but now does not come on. T=Dealer is ordering a new remote swith.
Thanks

MrWizard
sounds like that is a DC breaker, between the batteries and inverter
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry it took so long to get back to all of you but I was out of town. Turns out the breaker was tripped for the inverter. However the breaker was not in the fuse box/breaker box. You had to go outside to near the front of the RV, into the battery compartment, reach around the battery and flip a breaker mounted on the compartment wall.
Took the RV repair place over an hour to find it:)

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you get to the inverter? Check for 12vdc in and 120vac out. Yes the inverter needs to be on to make 120v power for the fridge.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
You may get better help at www.thorforums.com
My ACE does not have the house style frig. so can not help.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

BeaverCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Yes batteries are very good. All other electrical items work and batteries check out at over 13V.

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Are your batteries good? Refrig should run once plugged in but you may have destroyed your batteries. Did you use the salesman switch and put a charger on the batteries? Checked the water levels in the batteries?