cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who in the north east is ready?

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone ready for camping season? As I look at my hybrid with its cover on I can not wait to get out camping. I just got back from my snowmobile trip from Maine so now that my winter fun is out of my system I am ready for camping. LOL
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds
13 REPLIES 13

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
We have been saying that for months. Here the temps have been bouncing up and down for weeks.

Every time one fo those 60F days rolls around, I'm ready.

But I don't want to de-winterize yet because we'll have plenty of freezing temps to come still.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Went to the RV show in Maryland this past Saturday. It always helps looking at new RV's. Was disappointed in the lack of Hybrid's at the show. Wife did find one TT that she liked but not sure I can give up my hybrid. And for the life of me I can not figure out what the designers are thinking when they lay out some of those floor plans. They must not have ever went camping. Kind of like car engineers that never had to work on a car. ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
yup, seems all the cold/snow has shifted west this year. here in eastern CT not much of a winter, just a few inches of slush & snow. We still can get hit good, need another 4 weeks before were out of the woods.

8 weeks is my first camping trip, Yeah!!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I left Jan 10 when I saw the first snow-flake and went to Big Bend TX
for 4 weeks; 60-80 deg and sunshine every day. Just got back and am already
tired of the clouds/cold; Planning on going to the Pine Barrens when it
gets up to 45f.
Gerry

ScottG wrote:
Jayco25E wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Trust me, here in the Northwest we're ready too!

Yes I saw you guys got hit good with snow this year in places. And record cold.

yeah, we had about 16" in the last week. I even thought about starting a "RV's in the snow" thread but it was too depressing!

Sounds like your getting all ours... We here in eastern PA have had zero plowable snow falls yet and its almost March.... very weird ... just cold... and some ice
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Jayco25E wrote:
ScottG wrote:

yeah, we had about 16" in the last week. I even thought about starting a "RV's in the snow" thread but it was too depressing!

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Jayco25E wrote:
Everyone ready for camping season? As I look at my hybrid with its cover on I can not wait to get out camping. I just got back from my snowmobile trip from Maine so now that my winter fun is out of my system I am ready for camping. LOL

Pigeon Hills just got back from Jackman, but I didn't go this year. Heard it was pretty good. Where did you go Travis?

LOL I know but I was board and it got folks to comment. ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Jayco25E wrote:

Pigeon Hills just got back from Jackman, but I didn't go this year. Heard it was pretty good. Where did you go Travis?

We went to Eagle Lake Maine. Which is up almost to Fort Kent. Great trails.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
2 retired Greyhounds

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco25E wrote:

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco25E wrote:
Everyone ready for camping season?

That's like asking if anyone wants to win a billion dollars on the lottery. ๐Ÿ™‚

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

It's depressing sitting in my house watching the TV, every time I turn my head to look aut the window I see my camper.. ALL winterized and yelling at me " TAKE ME AWAY " ....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet