Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Ridgeline Recalled FIRE

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
One of our "FAVORITE" HD Towing platforms has an issue! :B

Honda is recalling 106,683 Ridgeline pickups in the United States, because they could catch fire after being cleaned.

The issue stems from the Ridgeline's fuel pump feed port, which can be corroded over time by the kinds of acids found in some car wash soaps, leading to cracks that may allow gas to leak out.

Owners of the 2017 to 2019 vehicles will be notified and Honda will inspect and, if necessary, replace the fuel pumps and also install a new fuel pump cover.

Honda has not advised owners to refrain from driving or washing their vehicles.

The recall is scheduled to being March 7.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD
14 REPLIES 14

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
travelnutz wrote:
Do I care if the knuckleheads disagree with me????? Not one (1) I o t a!

Not the point, go read through that thread, it's hilarious.

I looked at a few pages of that thread but not all 175, seems to me that there are some people that are happy towing with their Ridgelines. I don't see a problem with it as long as they are not overloaded and have trailer brakes.

I've never been a fan of Ridgelines but understand their place, kind of anyway.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
travelnutz wrote:

Not the point, go read through that thread, it's hilarious.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
travelnutz wrote:

Maybe could be a maginal grocery getter if it's occupants were on very strict minimal diets... At least the good side is that they could really toast their bread on the way while drving back from the store. Now where in the heck did we put that butter, toast is very well done???

Enjoy!

FWIW......Some of the knuckleheads HERE may disagree with you
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
That MANY sold???

Less than 107,000 over the 3 year (36 mnnth) period is beyond dismal at best! GM or Ford sold about 17 times as many each per month, every month during the same 36 months timeframe. Roughly less than a little over 3000/month sold. Talk a very poor selling vehicle, Ridgeline sure was! Just a minivan converted to a pseudo wannabe pickup and is even a lousy loser at that!

Maybe could be a maginal grocery getter if it's occupants were on very strict minimal diets... At least the good side is that they could really toast their bread on the way while drving back from the store. Now where in the heck did we put that butter, toast is very well done???

Enjoy!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised they have sold that many.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
I think cummins12v98 needs to worry about his steering link coming loose and not about other brands.

As for the Honda fix, at least it doesn't include having to weld on the suspension for a second time fix problems.

Are you kidding me??? I have NOT commented at all on this subject. I just posted this for those that care.

I did make a tongue n cheek joke.

I notice you did NOT comment on Fords major transmission recall.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think cummins12v98 needs to worry about his steering link coming loose and not about other brands.

As for the Honda fix, at least it doesn't include having to weld on the suspension for a second time fix problems.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
It's very rare to have a recall like this for a Honda. We have had several Honda vehicles over the years including our 2005 Acura MDX and they have all been very solid, reliable vehicles. They are extremely easy to service, too! :C

I don’t know. Between my wife and I, we’ve had 4 Hondas over the past dozen years. I found them to be no better or worse than the other vehicles we’ve owned. They have their “typical” honda problems from transmission issues to peeling paint. The big difference I’ve seen is Honda’s refusal to stand behind their issues.

Bedlam
I have never had to use the fire extinguishers I carry, but that doesn't mean I should not carry them. This might be a good reminder for everyone to check the gear they carry rather than be without when something bad happens.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Is Honda giving out marshmallows chocolate and gram crackers with vehicle purchase.:B

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
It's very rare to have a recall like this for a Honda. We have had several Honda vehicles over the years including our 2005 Acura MDX and they have all been very solid, reliable vehicles. They are extremely easy to service, too! :C
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
So much for taking the Ridgeline to the National Vegan Convention. Dang it. Hopefully it doesn't fail and I have to start my Hot Yoga class in my Ridgeline along the highway. Downward Dog would difficult in a burning Ridgeline.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
So much for making sure your Ridgeline has a good clean engine bay. LOL
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"