Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forecast of minus 60 in mid-west.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Forecast of minus 60 in mid-west.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
garym114

Bluff Dale, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/24/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/19 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to Alaska, its warmer there. One of the qualifying races for the Iditarod just got canceled because of rain messed up trail conditions. Lack of snow has caused cancellation of another and another has to be shortened because of poor trail conditions.


2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It


Bedlam

PNW

Moderator

Joined: 06/13/2012

View Profile






Posted: 01/30/19 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About 50 degrees in the Pacific North West corner of the US. I've been commuting to work on my motorcycle all winter.


Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200


Kayteg1

California > Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I grew up in 4 seasons and shoveling the snow since I was 9.
Not anymore. Now I am getting cold in San Francisco area and can't wait to go back to Las Vegas.
Some people like to spend their life fighting the weather, others prefer to enjoy the weather.





rdhetrick

Texas

Full Member

Joined: 08/30/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/30/19 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If we were meant to live where it's that cold, we would have fur like the polar bears!


Rob
2005/06 Mandalay 40E Full Time
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

starcraft69

northern California(State Of Jefferson)

Senior Member

Joined: 01/30/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/30/19 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Breaking News OMG It's winter


2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

JesLookin

Appleton,WI

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/30/19 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This cold weather we're having in Wisconsin is a once in a lifetime cold spell. Funny thing is that I can remember probably another 5 or 6 of these once in a lifetime events???????


2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab


welsteach

AK

Full Member

Joined: 06/20/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/19 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is a balmy 34 degrees here in Alaska. Just sayin'

Bedlam

PNW

Moderator

Joined: 06/13/2012

View Profile






Posted: 01/30/19 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JesLookin wrote:

This cold weather we're having in Wisconsin is a once in a lifetime cold spell. Funny thing is that I can remember probably another 5 or 6 of these once in a lifetime events???????

Possibilities:

1. You're older than the dirt frozen under your feet

2. The people reporting should actually be in a memory care facility

3. Media fact checking does not get the desired affect if events cannot be sensationalized

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

Senior Member

Joined: 07/11/2006

View Profile



Posted: 01/30/19 01:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

3. Media fact checking does not get the desired affect if events cannot be sensationalized


Pick your topic. Pick your news channel. Pick your politics (pretty much the same as picking which news channel). That statement is the one consistent truth about all of them!

Truth be told, I shut off the news when we went on vacation last summer, and I have kept them off. No TV news, no print news, no Internet news. My personal stress level is down significantly since I tuned them out. If something major happens, I'll hear about it - for example this forum thread tells me the upper Midwest is under a cold snap.

-Eric


Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

JesLookin

Appleton,WI

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/30/19 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric&Lisa wrote:

Bedlam wrote:

3. Media fact checking does not get the desired affect if events cannot be sensationalized


Pick your topic. Pick your news channel. Pick your politics (pretty much the same as picking which news channel). That statement is the one consistent truth about all of them!

Truth be told, I shut off the news when we went on vacation last summer, and I have kept them off. No TV news, no print news, no Internet news. My personal stress level is down significantly since I tuned them out. If something major happens, I'll hear about it - for example this forum thread tells me the upper Midwest is under a cold snap.

-Eric

I agree there is very little fact checking these days. Everyone wants to be the first to break a story. I prefer to let these stories ferment for a few days before getting interested in the latest breaking story.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Forecast of minus 60 in mid-west.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS