cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FMCA tire program on a diesel

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you gone through FMCA to get new tires for your motorhome? What was your experience? Where did you get them?
14 REPLIES 14

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mea Culpa,..:)...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:

FMCA sponsors Michelin, BF Goodrich, Continental, and Hankook. no Bridgestone

Correct.

And, very minor suggestion: I would suggest changing the verb from "sponsors", to the phrase "offer members fleet pricing on ...."
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
"FMCA also sponsors Bridgestones and Continentals......Dennis "

FMCA sponsors Michelin, BF Goodrich, Continental, and Hankook. no Bridgestone

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I called Michelin and gave them my card number and Michelin charged my card for the tires. I requested new tires and that is what I receives. I paid the dealer for mounting, balancing and alignment. I also had the service center to purchase a new rim and mount a tire on it for a spare that I carry in the bay.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Directions are on FMCA's website. Follow them exactly. Easy to do. Call, give them a credit card for the tires. (You can see prices on their website) Schedule an install with a local tire place that subscribes to their program. You'll have to pay the dealer directly for mounting and balancing. FMCA will bill you for the tires after installation. I swapped with the dealer for the old tires. He did the mounting and balancing, and I gave him my old tires. Worked for both of us as I didn't have to mess with Craigslist. The only caveat is to make sure you tell the tire shop you want fresh tires. I ordered Michelins and they were one month old tires..FMCA also sponsors Bridgestones and Continentals......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Jarvis1 Whalens

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Makes no difference if it's diesel or gas.> Mine is a gasser. 22.5" mitchlin XRV's were factory.. I priced them through FMCA at I think 3500 for six plus install (I got them cheaper straight up here in SC but that's another story. I may have gotten a deal as the tire man owed me big time from another job I got him on a dead semi.. long story).

I went with TOYO's they are less than 1% difference in outside diamater (So the speedometer is still close to accurate. less than one mpg off at 100 MPH and this house won't go that fast,,, not even down hill with a tail wind... tested (ok so I did not touch the accelerator peal but it peaked at 82mph)

2230 for six of 'em as I recall.. Straight up (Last October). only dropped the Motor home one time while installing them (No damage save to their parking lot.. kind of funny story).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jarvis1
Explorer
Explorer
PigFarmer

Can you give me the name of the Shop in Great Falls?

Will be passing thru there at end of March

Thanks

Colin
2002 Monaco Diplomat 40'

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Well pleased with my FMCA Michelin tire purchasing experience.

Sold old tires on Craigslist for $600.00 as dealer didn't want them.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie, You REALLY got a good deal on both ends. We talked to a tire service in Great Falls, Montana and got his price through FMCA. This summer when we get to Montana we will do the deal. We'll save another couple of hundred dollars with no sales tax. Florida is 8.5%. We were planning on going back to Montana anyhow so this way it will be win-win.Thanks for your information. It sounds like everyone is very pleased with their experience.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
What imgoin4it posted. The manager of a commercial truck tire service recommended that I go through my FMCA program and he did the labor. I paid Michelin for tires and the service center for labor. The service center gave me $100.00 per tire for the old 6 tires they removed and said they would sell them to local farmers for farm use. Saved several hundred dollars.

FMCA is the way to go. Find a local participating dealer that you can trust.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Have done it several times. Works great, just register your credit card with Michelin go to a cooperating national truck tire dealer and make an appointment for him to get tires and schedule installation. Pay dealer for mount and balance. Iโ€™ve done it a several places and it was always easy and without a โ€œhitchโ€
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Michelins through the FMCA program. Got them through a commercial truck tire center nearby. Owner was surprised at the price, said it was only a couple dollars above his cost. Paid him for the mount, balance, and disposal of old tires. I was happy, he was happy. Pretty good deal. Took a couple days for Michelin to process the paperwork. That was only annoyance.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
While you're awaiting a personal response, perhaps these previous discussions will be of help:

This person did

More on Fmca tires
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman