cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I want one===

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2020-gmc-sierra-hd-pickup-revealed-with-x-ray-vision
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab
15 REPLIES 15

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
smthbros wrote:
azrving wrote:
I didn't even try to look at the link. Who comes up with these ideas like self driving etc which just drive the prices up and eliminates some buyers.

I suspect somebody said the same thing about electric starters, automatic transmissions, power windows, automatic chokes, automatic spark advance, etc., some decades ago.

i said that about back up cameras. now i love that i only have to get out once to hitch up the trailer. no more "ah too far, nope too close, ah pulled up to far again" lol. in and out of the truck 10 times sucks lol.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:
Interesting tech that's a slight step aside from current rear-mount cameras that are available. The integration could make it particularly intriguing.

On another note - not to hyjack the thread, but 'keeping and eye on live animals while on the road?' Do people really keep their pets in their trailers while they travel?

Horse people frequently do, and horse people tend to buy a lot of pickup trucks and tow a lot of trailers (making a very big generalization there, of course).

Even for dogs and cats, it could arguably be safer for them to be in a trailer (where they can't distract the driver or get in the way if they get startled) than in the tow vehicle.

Obviously, the livestock issue I get. What I found interesting was that the picture they showed under that usage suggestion was the inside of a FW - and I was just struggling to imagine having a pet bouncing around back there in uncontrolled temperatures.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you do not have it , it cannot break !

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
DrewE wrote:
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:
Interesting tech that's a slight step aside from current rear-mount cameras that are available. The integration could make it particularly intriguing.

On another note - not to hyjack the thread, but 'keeping and eye on live animals while on the road?' Do people really keep their pets in their trailers while they travel?

Horse people frequently do, and horse people tend to buy a lot of pickup trucks and tow a lot of trailers (making a very big generalization there, of course).

Even for dogs and cats, it could arguably be safer for them to be in a trailer (where they can't distract the driver or get in the way if they get startled) than in the tow vehicle.

Wow ... I wonder how hot or cold it gets back there in a towable when traveling down the road during various outside temperature conditions?

Our pet rides in a protective and seat-belted-in animal crate in the same environment that we ride in whenever we travel in the RV. Of course our little pet person may be considered to be a bit pampered. :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
All those toys are fun to have and play with.... but.

I miss my old 74 Chevy 1 ton, four on the floor, what a beast.
I could almost fit under the hood while working on it. Nothing in there I could not fix or replace. Now I don't even do my own oil change, too much bother.

Yeah but new trucks and motors are built much better,
as long as you dont overheat overrev you wont need to do any work on them ever..at least thats my experience..never had any problems with any Chevy V8

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
All those toys are fun to have and play with.... but.

I miss my old 74 Chevy 1 ton, four on the floor, what a beast.
I could almost fit under the hood while working on it. Nothing in there I could not fix or replace. Now I don't even do my own oil change, too much bother.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

Somebody probably thought it would work for a livestock trailer, so the marketing boffins corrupted that into meaning all pets.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not necessarily a fan of foo-foo added electronic ad-ons (as it is only more stuff to go wrong) but if I were towing a large trailer I think this is an option I might consider!
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Neat - sort of a one-up for Ford's eye in the sky camera or whatever it's called.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

smthbros
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
I didn't even try to look at the link. Who comes up with these ideas like self driving etc which just drive the prices up and eliminates some buyers.

I suspect somebody said the same thing about electric starters, automatic transmissions, power windows, automatic chokes, automatic spark advance, etc., some decades ago.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:

It's actually a pretty good idea. It uses a series of cameras to stitch together a view of the road behind you that "sees" through what you're towing. So you can see what's behind you without being able to see what's behind you.

If you don't want to pay for it then don't. I'm sure it's part of some huge, several-thousand-dollar option package. It's possible to order and buy a stripped down version of anything. Personally that's how I like my cars - the more simple the better.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

azrving
Explorer
Explorer