cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if others are experiencing more day to day issues with Direct lately. At home with HD we seem to be getting more and more pixelation and brief picture freeze. We dont get error code it is real quick but is annoying. I have been with Direct for many many years and this seems to be happening a lot lately. My guess is that it's them doing upgrades and switching over to the new system. Anyone else experiencing this? What are your thoughts? Sorry but please don't tell me to switch to Dish or that you use streaming Bla Bla Bla. It would be nice to stay on topic. Thank you all.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
21 REPLIES 21

akaPedro
Explorer
Explorer
Slight chance your antenna has moved an inch or more or is wobbling. Call and see if it can be checked out.

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the NE and haven't had any issues, even in recent heavy snow / wind. However, occasional skipping in some recordings but I'm thinking that's a receiver issue as we rarely if ever have an issue live. Good Luck!

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
My HR44 is still working fine. Maybe I'm just lucky. I did have to tweak the aim on my tripod mounted slimline antenna the other day after 2 days of 25 mph winds. It held up fine, but had settled a little on the dish side. About 1 1/2 turns up solved the problem. I have a 5 gallon water bucket hanging on the tripod which is full of water. 40 pounds holds it down fine.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
We were experiencing the same pixalation/short screen freeze in CA on the home antenna. The receiver is now in AZ with a different antenna and it still happens.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
We had some issues like that, I think the hard drive in the DVR was acting up, just like a computer drive that starts to fail. I had the guy come out and they replaced my main unit with a new Genie receiver with DVR. Works fine now, and I like the new remotes that came with it.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not seen anything like that. Using Trav'ler and HR54.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
had the same problem with my old genie. had them replace it with a new one. problem solved. two years later same problem I think I need a new one

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are many things that mess up sat tv. Some you can not see. ONE you can see very clearly you might not think of.. it is called THE SUN.

Radio (it is all radio folks) has been strange the last couple years.

How strange.. I have two 2-way radios (Actually more but only two with power at the moment) The antennas are about 36 feet apart.. I just heard a conservation pick up on one (Both are tuned alike) and then about 2 sentences in the other.. Solid signal. "Wrapping the needle around the pin" (All Bars Lit) Signal on teh slower to activate receiver.

OH well it's really 5 radios with power but that counts one 3 times (The slow one) and the weather alert.

THe one in front of mer has two UHF/VHF radios. and a weather band radio all in one box.. Currently the weather is in "Alert only" mode (it will knock out one of the others if there is an alert) one of the two is in "Digital Radio" mode and one in FM.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Worth checking on this page next time a disruption is encountered

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/satellites
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

PaulJ2
Explorer
Explorer
starcraft69 wrote:
I am wondering if others are experiencing more day to day issues with Direct lately. At home with HD we seem to be getting more and more pixelation and brief picture freeze. We dont get error code it is real quick but is annoying. I have been with Direct for many many years and this seems to be happening a lot lately. My guess is that it's them doing upgrades and switching over to the new system. Anyone else experiencing this? What are your thoughts? Sorry but please don't tell me to switch to Dish or that you use streaming Bla Bla Bla. It would be nice to stay on topic. Thank you all.

Same thing here in Oregon.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of google hits
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have noticed the same thing with about the same frequency of events. I've been with DTV for 25+ years....but ready to make a change but due to the above problem.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Same here in California.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We sometimes get pixilation, too. I think it's caused by the airliners blocking the signal.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE