cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue tote storage/carrier

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Georgetown that has "plastic" basement bins. I am trying to determine the best place to store/carry my blue tote. I have the older style barker tote with two rear wheels and adjustable metal pull handle. right now it takes the entire double bin on one side to get it in, so am looking at a carrier of some type. I have a hatchback Focus as a toad, and really don't want to put it in the car.

I am considering buying this ladder rack . Does anyone have this one or one similar? Pros/Cons? Other than having to lift the empty tote up high enough to clear tail lights? (which is a challenge for this short person, but no more than maneuvering it into bin)

Edit to add: I am working toward going fulltime within the next few months. (Need house to sell) so I am going to need every bit of storage I can get and feel like taking up two bins is a waste.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS
5 REPLIES 5

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Yes I carry my 42 gallon blue Barker tote on the rack I posted

We did the same on our old FW that had a rear ladder. Worked great, just make sure you have good strong bungee cords
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Yes I carry my 42 gallon blue Barker tote on the rack I posted
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley, do you put your blue tote on this type? That is what I want to use it for.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I prefer a more basic/cheaper chair ladder rack. Basically the same idea. Except the carrier is a bit more basic.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen several instances where the tote was hanging from the ladder, or sitting on the bike rack and bungeed to the ladder.

Mine I carry in a right rear bin and like you it takes up most of it. I will sometimes take it in the back of the Jeep, and before I got the Jeep a Chevy Sonic. I put down some plastic and an old sheet to protect the interior Incase of a leak. Never had one.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT