cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Pittsburgh RV Show - Been There?

Makin__Do
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps I should have posted this question in the Rallies and Shows section, but it doesn't seem many view that section, so I thought I'd try here. Hope I don't offend anyone.
Currently the wife and I are at Alpine Lake in WV some two hours from Pittsburgh. Wife refuses to budge since the temp is only -5 and she sees no need for a short road trip to look at RVs. However, if there is a Winnebago Travato 59G at the show the road trip is on. Been wanting to see one in person for some time but have never been able to locate one close by. So if any of you have been to the show and did see a Travato 59G sure would like to know. Wife will just have to get frost bite. ๐Ÿ˜‰
3 REPLIES 3

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:

I visited the Winne website, read all about the Travato there, and even downloaded the brochure:

- Nowhere are the all-important tanks sizes listed.
- I wonder how many years before the lithium battery bank needs to be replaced, and at what cost?
- Also ... if only it could be had on a 4X4 ProMaster chassis (if there is such a thing)!
- Ya gotta love what the monthly payments and registration fees probably are on the current crop of $100K+ Class B motorhomes!

Tank sizes are listed in the "specifications" tab. They are not large--which should come as no shock. Depending on the floorplan, 18-23 gallons of fresh water, 11-13 gallon black water, 13-15 gallon gray water, 6 gallons propane (so a 20 lb cylinder, I guess?), and 24 gallons of fuel.

There is no 4x4 ProMaster chassis available. It would be a fairly significant engineering challenge to fit one in, given that it's a front wheel drive chassis and the floor/frame is relatively low; there's not much room for a transmission, drive shaft, and differential.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take your checkbook.......You can also find plenty of Gutterhelmets, Leafitters, Leafguards, Foundation Waterproofers, Replacement Window Contractors, and kitchen and bath remodelers, etc. Even THESE guys LOL. You'll probably need them as it takes a lot of walking to look at a few acres of hastily assembled garbage.

My wife no longer lets me go to RV shows. She gets embarrassed when I go around wasting salespeople's time acting like I am very interested in buying their overpriced junk, and asking them RV related questions I know in advance they do not know the answer to. It's great fun.

I once had a salesman on the line looking at a Forest River Forester for about 30 minutes, negotiated a price and was talking down payment. Then the wife walked up and asked me what I was doing so I went over to the sales guy and said. "Sorry I changed my mind, my wife wants something a few feet bigger, do you know where they keep the Prevosts around here?" I thought he was going to cry LOL.

I'd call them right now and get the "low internet price" if I was you.

Seriously, from past experience I would bet the farm you could do a lot better on price anywhere else but the specific dealer at the Pittsburgh show.

How long before a mod comes along and deletes this for trying to sell a Winnebago?

BTW, Between Camping World and Campers Inn they have almost half the floor space leased at the Pittsburgh Convention Center. Thats a good reason not to go if you are looking for one.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Makin' Do wrote:
Perhaps I should have posted this question in the Rallies and Shows section, but it doesn't seem many view that section, so I thought I'd try here. Hope I don't offend anyone.
Currently the wife and I are at Alpine Lake in WV some two hours from Pittsburgh. Wife refuses to budge since the temp is only -5 and she sees no need for a short road trip to look at RVs. However, if there is a Winnebago Travato 59G at the show the road trip is on. Been wanting to see one in person for some time but have never been able to locate one close by. So if any of you have been to the show and did see a Travato 59G sure would like to know. Wife will just have to get frost bite. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I visited the Winne website, read all about the Travato there, and even downloaded the brochure:

- Nowhere are the all-important tanks sizes listed.
- I wonder how many years before the lithium battery bank needs to be replaced, and at what cost?
- Also ... if only it could be had on a 4X4 ProMaster chassis (if there is such a thing)!
- Ya gotta love what the monthly payments and registration fees probably are on the current crop of $100K+ Class B motorhomes!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C