cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell signal booster ?

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody tried a cell signal booster that they would recommend? To help pull in better voice and data when in remote areas? I have Verizon. thanks, Joel
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.
12 REPLIES 12

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put a WeBoost in our 5er last summer, and it really does help, as long as there is some sort of signal. None of them can make a signal where there is no signal available.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replys! I ended up ordering a weBoost Drive 4G-X RV. Hopefully it does a good job.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
Here's a sight for good info on cell boosters:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/guides/mobile-cellular-boosters/

Has anyone paid the membership fee to read this information? Just wondering if it's better than what's available freely?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a sight for good info on cell boosters:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/guides/mobile-cellular-boosters/
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
do a search. there are dozens of threads on cell boosters, could be several days of reading, but should answer almost every question you have on cell boosters.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
jcpainter wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
I recommend a booster with MiMo or Mu-MiMo support. Most devices are talking on multiple channels these days for greater speed and reliability.

Which 4G/LTE booster has dual antenna(MiMo) ports?

I haven't done any research. If I were doing something new in my trailer I'd go with a pepwave or Sierra wireless modem and dual external antennas, forget the booster all together.

Since you were suggesting to use a MiMo enabled booster, I assumed you were aware of one that existed. I've never seen one.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
I recommend a booster with MiMo or Mu-MiMo support. Most devices are talking on multiple channels these days for greater speed and reliability.

I haven't done any research. If I were doing something new in my trailer I'd go with a pepwave or Sierra wireless modem and dual external antennas, forget the booster all together.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:

MrWizard
i have a Wilson 'WeBoost' system

they several models, both mobile and fixed location

all i can add is don't buy a super cheap system from ebay
no matter what brand name

it will most likely be older technology for older phone bands
(buying a 3G only booster won't help very much)

i don't think anybody has boosters for the new 'planned Not deployed Yet' 5G super speed systems

but all the major MFG do have models that cover all (4) bands being used 'NOW' including 4G/XLTE etc..

and that is what you will want, for internet data, video services etc..
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
After weeks of reading, watching videos and emailing the vendor support team, I've narrowed mine down to this one:

https://www.surecall.com/signal-booster/vehicle/FUSION2GO-3-RV/

Bear in mind that these things aren't magic. You need *some* reception for them to work. You may need a directional antenna, in addition to or instead of the omni. You may need an app on your phone that helps locate the nearest tower. You may need a pole or someway to raise the antenna up.

And you may find that your indoor range gets limited - you need to be within a few feet of the repeater antenna.

Anyway - lots to learn about these things

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
I have one made by Wilson, it was designed to be mounted in a vehicle, however it came with an AC adaptor as well. I used it in the 5th wheel for 3 years, gave me 2-3 more bars and made 4G wifi work great. I also have Verizon.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab