cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

COE Campgrounds

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if the COE campgrounds are still open during gov't shut down? Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
9 REPLIES 9

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I just called McKinney USACE campground in Georgia about our reservation during Feb. and they said "unaffected" because their funding was already in place. But I would not assume that applies to all others. Call the specific campground.
Jayco-noslide

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
The COE (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers) is part of the Department of Defense. The Defense appropriation was passed and thus is not affected by the shutdown. The Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service and Bureau of Reclamation are part of the Department of Interior which is one of the Departments without a current appropriation. The Forest Service is part of the Department of Agriculture which also is without an appropriation. Agencies without appropriations have shutdown to varying extents. The TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) receives no federal funding so its campgrounds are not affected by the shutdown.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
great thanks everyone!!! Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just pulled up one last night and it indicates "Info:
This locations is open during the Federal government lapse in funding."

I would double check for the specific campground, but I think in general they are open.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta remember that Jennings Ferry is a fishermans campground, and heaven forbid that you get between fishermen (and women) and their fish. BTW, WE hosted at Jennings Ferry several years, but mostly did the gatekeeper duties 6am till 6pm because when they quit paying them, all the gatekeepers quit. So we, and the two other hosts, did all of it. Bad part was that when the maintenance crew was fired, they took all their equipment with them. So cleaning a firepit without a shovel was a bit of a problem. We ended up buying our own, which is still in the bins of our motor home. So much for a host gig, which was supposed to be 6 hours 4 days. Ended up 12 hours, 7 days. We did not go back.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

charming
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at one over New Years in Alabama and we haven't made reservations yet, we plan to be back in February.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I just booked at one for April. They answered the phone and talked to me. So, Iโ€™d say theyโ€™re open.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Closed.

Not correct. All COE campgrounds are open unless a particular one is normally closed during the winter months.

I am a host at a COE campground right now and we are wide open as are all other COE campgrounds in the district I am in.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Closed.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31