cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heki vent replacement

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
Due to age and several broken items on my heki vent I have decided to replace it. Does anyone know who might have the best price on one? I know there are several different models also, any thoughts on them?
2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC
6 REPLIES 6

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
The dimensions shown for the artic tern don't seem to work out for the hole size I have so I guess I have to stay with the Heiki.
2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.campervan-hq.com/products/double-pane-rv-window-300x700mm

https://totalcomposites.com/product/arctic-tern-windows/

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
Who's a good dealer for Artic Tern? I can't seem to find one right now.

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
check out low profile boat hatches not cheap, far superior quality
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Replace it with something non-Heki if you can. I'd look at the Arctic Tern. The Heki is a great concept, with **** implementation.

If only a Heki will fit, buy one out of Britain or Germany. Even with DHL air shipping it will cost substantially less than from Dometic, and will get there in 3 days rather than 3 months. Look on ebay.uk or ebay.de.

In the Heki Midi, there are three models: the lever operated, crank operated and electric. When I replaced mine I went with the crank model. It is perhaps a little less fragile, but the big plus is you can open and close the dome while the screen is closed. On the lever version, you first must open the screen, let all the mosquitoes in, close the dome locking them inside, then close the screen again.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

DieselBurps
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck. Dometic is no help on the phone, most dealers I talked to didn't even know what one was.

Check the dimensions and if at all possible, replace it with the Artic Tern skylight. You can purchase them in the USA and the support it appears is excellent. Half the price of Dometic/Heiki, and the quality is a lot better.