cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Emergency Flashers Hyper-flashing

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
My 2004 Coachmen Sportscoach emergency flashers are hyper flashing. I think I may need to replace the flasher relay but I can't find it. I've looked through all the paperwork that came with the (used) coach and haven't been able to find an answer. Google was no help at all. Any suggestions?
Paul & Margie
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replacing all the bulbs with LED's will CAUSE this problem.

So will a burned out bulb.

THe flasher is designed to flash X lamps. There is no relay it is a flasher.

They do make HEAVY DUTY Flashers. 2 lamps or 20. they don't care.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
That's what I was going to say as well. That's what usually happens when 1 bulb is out to alert the driver to the problem.
This can also happens if you tried to put an LED bulb where a standard bulb used to be.

I was just considering replacing regular bulbs with LEDs

How do you prevent this flashing then?

By the load resistors from the LED light supplier. Super Bright sells them, where I got mine. An electronic flasher unit will also work with LED lights with no resistors. Your choice.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
That's what I was going to say as well. That's what usually happens when 1 bulb is out to alert the driver to the problem.
This can also happens if you tried to put an LED bulb where a standard bulb used to be.

free radical wrote:

Free,

You have to look at your current flasher, it will be two or three pin. Then go get an electronic constant rate flasher with the same pin count. But, now it will not change when a bulb goes out....
Some require you to add a ground wire.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's what I was going to say as well. That's what usually happens when 1 bulb is out to alert the driver to the problem. This can also happens if you tried to put an LED bulb where a standard bulb used to be.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Bad bulb will do that. Check all lights.