cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 GMC hightop extended conversion van

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my long time 2000 Ford E150 high top van that I converted to a camper and traveled much of the US in. Replaced it two years ago with a 1 ton GMC Explorer extended conversion van 6 liter V8. Much longer and heavy duty vs the Ford. AS with the Ford, I removed all the seats except the two captains. Also removed the big TV, video game stuff etc. Now have a nice long living area compared to the standard length Ford. The tv used to fully occupy the compartment above the passenger and driver seats. Now it is handy storage for raincoats etc for easy access. Built a platform bed with room for good sized storage bins underneath for extra clothing, food, gear, etc. Installed a small galley with a butcher block top, microwave oven and storage for paper goods and utensils. Installed a roll around tower type ac unit which vents out a tip out window. The 6 liter V8 and heavy duty one ton (ambulance chasis) makes it a gas hog 14 hwy but the ride is great. I left all the topside built in storage cabinets in place. Cary a portapotty and gallon jugs of water. No water supply or sink. Small frig for perishables. Ice chest for dry camping. Two long trips so far and very happy with it. PS: sold my 38' MH 2 years ago. Can go many places the MH could not. Gave up creature comforts for much lower costs and ability to go most anywhere.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂
1 REPLY 1

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool! Glad you have something you enjoy...

Got any pics?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics