cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Riverside Retro 193

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at this TT to tow behind my 1 ton GMC Van. We like the floor plan and tandem axle. 21'10" and queen bed. Price about 24K fully equipped. Silver color not retro. Early on this company had quality issues. Any opinions appreciated! PS: sold my motor home and looking to go small. Mini Winnie probably better quality?
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚
4 REPLIES 4

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I would be concerned about those cool looking wide white wall tires. Who makes em and are they good for durability?

They use to use Coker white wall passenger car tires on their Retro trailers. Not sure if it is still that way, but a low weight rated, soft sidewall car tire is probably the last thing I would want to put on a trailer. Yeah, they have that whole "nostalgia look" factor, but in a battle of Looks vs. Safety, Safety wins every time.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I would be concerned about those cool looking wide white wall tires. Who makes em and are they good for durability?

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
I'd check to see if the problems are still happening. The floor of the trailers made by Riverside are made out of OSB and the enclosing material is more along the lines of the material that is put down on the ground to stop weeds from growing in your rock beds. There have been several problems of the floors getting wet and rotting out. Also, the wheel wells have had problems with leaking when towing in rain/wet conditions.

Your mileage may vary...but the wife and I had planned on getting a Riverside Retro trailer until we actually saw one inside. The Birchwood paneling that you see inside is actually luan ply covered with a birchwood looking vinyl. The wall joints where the panels meet are just covered with an approx 2" wide strip of the same vinyl that was bubbling and peeling off the wall while sitting in the dealer's lot. After pushing it back down, within 60 seconds, it was popping back up again. The sinks are very thin plastic...very thin as in you can almost use your fingernail to leave a mark in the sink. Same for the bathroom surround in the shower.

As I said, your mileage may vary...but we looked at the 180R and the 189R...while not the same trailer you are looking at, it IS made by the same company. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree so to speak.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Limited market come resale time.

I'd got for a Minnie Winnie. They are very nice.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator