cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hard to find radio knobs

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
All, This was supposed to be in Tow Vehicles!!!! Not sure what I did wrong or how I managed this! sorry.

Since this Thread is about Tow Vehicles.....And the subject doesn't always have to be about which pickup has the most power and torque and who's transmission won't explode using that horsepower and torque...........I have a 2013 2500HD with a Duramax. It's a Denali and has the 2013 top of the line radio that has the Navigation system built into the radio, CD/DVD etc. Large(for the day)screen and the small knobs at the top right and left of the screen. OK, hopefully I've described the radio accurately and you have a mental picture of the radio. Well, on my last vacation, somehow my charging cord(coiled type)for the cell phone got wrapped around the knob and it got yanked off to oblivion. Those little knobs aren't available through the factory parts system.....The dealer even to talk the radio re-manufacturing company(GM doesn't re-manufacture the radios) into selling just the knob to no avail. After much searching on the internet and I had pretty much given up, I stumbled upon the right knob in "search images" and found that the correct knob can be purchased at:

OEM Radios Inc.
GMradios@Gmail.com
Ph. 320-310-0971
Ph. 1-800-881-8207
www.OEM-RADIOS.com

I took the chance and ordered the knob and it arrived yesterday and fit perfectly. It was ridiculously expensive @ $24.99 plus $13.99 shipping! But at least my pickup dash doesn't look like a big smile with a tooth knocked out.

V465
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
5 REPLIES 5

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage465 wrote:
All, This was supposed to be in Tow Vehicles!!!! Not sure what I did wrong or how I managed this! sorry.

Since this Thread is about Tow Vehicles.....And the subject doesn't always have to be about which pickup has the most power and torque and who's transmission won't explode using that horsepower and torque...........I have a 2013 2500HD with a Duramax. It's a Denali and has the 2013 top of the line radio that has the Navigation system built into the radio, CD/DVD etc. Large(for the day)screen and the small knobs at the top right and left of the screen. OK, hopefully I've described the radio accurately and you have a mental picture of the radio. Well, on my last vacation, somehow my charging cord(coiled type)for the cell phone got wrapped around the knob and it got yanked off to oblivion. Those little knobs aren't available through the factory parts system.....The dealer even to talk the radio re-manufacturing company(GM doesn't re-manufacture the radios) into selling just the knob to no avail. After much searching on the internet and I had pretty much given up, I stumbled upon the right knob in "search images" and found that the correct knob can be purchased at:

OEM Radios Inc.
GMradios@Gmail.com
Ph. 320-310-0971
Ph. 1-800-881-8207
www.OEM-RADIOS.com

I took the chance and ordered the knob and it arrived yesterday and fit perfectly. It was ridiculously expensive @ $24.99 plus $13.99 shipping! But at least my pickup dash doesn't look like a big smile with a tooth knocked out.

V465

I dealt with Matt from OEM radio. I had to replace my GM radio with cd changer and XM and on star (2005 - old school!). I sent him my VIN and was traveling to MN anyway. He met me on Sunday morning to deliver the new radio. I added a kit to have an aux input. I was really happy with the transaction. Great service and the replacement has worked well.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
old guy wrote:
try salvage yards, someone has got to have a wreck trucked like yours and the same radio in it

Iโ€™d bet any working nav/radio is likely pulled and only sold as a complete unit.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
try salvage yards, someone has got to have a wreck trucked like yours and the same radio in it

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Expensive but sometimes that's what it takes to keep your vehicle nice.
I'd say it was worth it.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You can copy this post yourself to TV, then delete this one's text and subject line. Only mods can completely delete something.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman