Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: 2nd Trip and Major Issues
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 2nd Trip and Major Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/19 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Water. It's only at the kitchen faucet and with both hot and cold water dribbling, the obstruction is probably in the faucet assembly itself, possibly a piece of construction debris, (shavings from cutting the pipe etc) that have found there way through the plumbing till an opening smaller than the debris. Its a 2019 unit and only used twice, so let the dealer under warranty fix it.

Awning. I agree with others, look for a 12v fuse, or possibly a loose or broken wire. Should be warranty if nothing simple.

It depends how comfortable you are working on your RV or taking the time and drive to the dealer for the fix. Some things have to be balanced out, we had a roof vent crack and fall apart 6 months after getting the MH, probably would have been warranty but $40 gas and probably 1/2 day for repairs, I walked to my local hardware store, bought the cap ($10) and installed it all in less than an hour.

Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Terry78

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/19 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this is why I hate new trailers. I used to work at a trailer sales lot
and did the check ins when they arrived from the factory. I cannot begin
to tell of the horrors Iv'e seen come to the lot. Roof peeling, slides that
almost fall out, T.Vs smashed by the slide, Walls full of water. The trailers built nowadays are very pretty to look at. But getting all the bugs out can take some time. They build between 5 and 9 units a day of the same model.
Really NOT trying to insult people who own new R.V.s I say congratulations
on your purchase. May it serve you for many enjoyable years.

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

Quote:

2. Water worked great at hookup. Now, all water works except kitchen, it dribbles. Took head off, no blockage.

Are you still hooked up to city water or not? If not hooked up does the water tank have water in it and did you turn the water pump on?

Just asking because you didn't give much info even in your response posts for me to figure out your water problem..

As far as the awning, no idea because I have a 16 year old TT and it has a manual awning so no clue on those electric ones.. Sorry..

Mitch

Big hint, the shower works.

pbeverly

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/19 03:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Final Word from the OP

Some of you questioned my major issues. Wife can't use kithcen sink = MAJOR ISSUE. [emoticon] Can't drive down the highway with awning out = MAJOR ISSUE: [emoticon]

Wife survived! Camper goes to see the doctor this Saturday. After two trips, I have a list of six things I want addressed.

What I have learned, the documentation that comes with campers isn't very good. For instance, with the awning, I have a brochure from the company that made it but no documentation on how to work it manually. I will give a shout out to Jimmy at Camping World in Asheville, NC. It was my discussions with him that I learned enough to get it working again. He also returned a call after a voice mail I left him. I did not buy from them but they were the closest Camping World to me.

I have been camping all my life as far back as I can remember. I am one of 7 kids and that was an affordable vacation for my parents. My parents had one tent and the kids would sleep in another, all 7 on cots. After all the kids moved out the parents went to a popup which I inherited when they decided they were too old to do that anymore. Had major ceiling floods towards the end and sink sprayed under the cabinets every time it was turned on. Redid all the plumbing and had to put new wood in cabinet area due to water damage. First time we used stove there were numerous little flames where there shouldn't have been any. Paid some to replace the gas lines and stove. Sold it at a time when the roof really needed to be replaced and din't want to deal with it. When back to a tent and decided to move up again to a TT. So I don't consider myself a newbie. New to TTs, yes. The only real major issue was the awning. If I had adequate instructions I could have dealt with it. So while it is seeing the doctor I will ask how to MANUALLY work the thing.

Anyway, all is good and we had a great trip and plan on having many more.

Ridgeway, SC

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/19 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you made it home.
As far as the awning and other things that can go wrong, go around and make a list of model numbers of everything installed in your camper, especially things with motors.
Then get on the net and download the manufacturer’s manuals. I’ve got a thick notebook of all the original stuff and all the stuff I’ve added.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 2nd Trip and Major Issues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS